Events on YTtalk

Gediphoto

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Sounds like fun! I personally like the 72h challenge. My problem is as usual time time time. With two small kids at home and Corona running wild in Sweden, it's hard to set aside so much time. Maybe I can make mine a 6 hours challenge :)

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Maybe I can make mine a 6 hours challenge :)
I'm glad you mentioned not having much time. the idea behind making it 72 hours was so you could more easily fit it into your schedule. Like personally I would give it at most 48 hours of my time. Obviously some people may push for the whole 72 hours but it's not required that you use the whole time.
If the event only lasted 6 hours (for example) you would have to fit your day around that 6 hour slot. But because it's 72 hours you have options on how you want to participate (if you are set on giving it 6 hours. Maybe 6hrs in the morning, maybe 6hrs in the evening, or maybe a few hours over the span of the whole challenge when you can find short pauses in your day. Hope that helps and makes sense

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
First, you should be a mod here. Period. You're about the only thing that keeps this forum alive these days.
I second that. Mr. Nicekid76 is one of the reasons I have stuck around. BUT, I have been mod of many a posting board, and I have to tell you... it can change your outlook, responses and demeanor. I rarely take on mod jobs anymore because of it. If I enjoy something, I participate, add (hopefully) something useful and of course lay out a bad pun or joke.

I always think of my ex-brother in law. Loved cooking, so he spent a ton of money, went to culinary school. Came back, worked in a restaurant for 6 months and quit. Never to return. He said it almost completely ruined his love for cooking. He is a Manager for a construction company now, but I always think of that when people talk about this.

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I second that. Mr. Nicekid76 is one of the reasons I have stuck around. BUT, I have been mod of many a posting board, and I have to tell you... it can change your outlook, responses and demeanor. I rarely take on mod jobs anymore because of it. If I enjoy something, I participate, add (hopefully) something useful and of course lay out a bad pun or joke.
Oh, I've done it too. For over a decade, I was part of a four-person moderation team that moderated four business newsgroups. Yeah, I'm older than dirt. Now perhaps it was because there were four of us, it wasn't a burden. We all kind of took on different moderation duties. I was the "baseball bat" for when MLM and other scam artists came into the groups. That and business professors who never worked a day of their lives in a real business but thought they had something to share. Another moderator was the diplomat who calmly put out flamewars. Another was a brass-tack entrepreneur who handled bootstrap questions. The fourth was a marketing executive who helped me handle marketing questions. He was a long-form advocate and I was a short-form. Soooooo maybe Nicekid76 should assemble a team. I'd be willing to help out.

I always think of my ex-brother in law. Loved cooking, so he spent a ton of money, went to culinary school. Came back, worked in a restaurant for 6 months and quit. Never to return. He said it almost completely ruined his love for cooking. He is a Manager for a construction company now, but I always think of that when people talk about this.
One of my brothers was a chef. Worked at a three-star-Michelin restaurant in Vale, Colorado. He was always and still is a foodie. But he would never go back to being a professional cook again. Too much stress, pressure, and heat as well as swing shift hours. Nothing like what you see on cooking shows. Having said that, EVERYONE loves to come over and eat at his house. Just fabulous food. All he asks is you stay out of the kitchen. You can sit on barstools at the bar that looks into the kitchen, but just don't try to help or offer any cooking advice. He doesn't mind questions but that's about it. And he is fast. Dangerously fast with a knife. Another good reason to not venture into his kitchen.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger