Events on YTtalk

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I was thinking about hosting some online events on the forums.
Please let me know if you would be interested and which ones most interest you.
Just read what's underlined if your in a hurry.

-
A YouTube 1 or 2 week Boot Camp - Maybe in April
The idea behind this would be to learn and jump start your YouTube journey if you are brand new to the platform while getting feedback from other creators. Covering topics like: the importance of picking a target audience, designing interesting thumbnails, youtube analytics, content calendar, workflow optimization, etc. I already run an online youtube meetup group where I've been running monthly mini seminars on a specific youtube topic. This would be similar but maybe 4 days a week for 1-2 weeks to send you off on the right track to grow your channel.

- A YouTube 72 hour video challenge - Maybe in May
At the start of the challenge, a theme will be announced and you have 72 hours to make a video around that theme. All submissions would be posted in a thread to highlight everyone who completed it and see how different people
interpret the same theme. It would also be a fun excuse to collab with people for the challenge. Maybe collab with a musician from the forum or a motion graphics artist. At the end of the event we can vote for our favorites

- YT Rewind 2021 - Maybe in June/July
I've lead 2 YTtalk rewinds already 2018 and 2020. No doubt it will be great! The idea is to capture in a short clip(s) the epic, fun, adventures you had
throughout the year and to highlight the community on the platform and the different ways we all create content.
Probably start this project in June so people have the whole summer (or winter in the southern hemisphere) to get some cool clips. Typically I would mention it in November so trying to get it started early this time around.
Link to YTtalk Rewind 2018 and 2020 [click here]

- Collab Roulette - jk probably never going to do this. Likely too complicated to run
Put your name in an online hat. Randomly get paired with someone. Make a video with who ever you get pair with. Repeat again the next week
Let me know if you would find this to be interesting. If I got some help I would love to run something like this. Been thinking about it since Vidcon 2016. I would likely try to pair gamers with gamers, vlogger with vloggers, skit comedy with skit comedy, etc just so if your a travel vlogger your don't get pair with a gaming channel. but maybe you would make something cool together. The idea is to create content with our community BUT also to practice how to collab so when you are out in the world asking to collab with another creator you already have experience.

- Game Night -
I've been thinking of running game nights maybe once a month or every two months. The idea would be to interact in a none video creation way. The game would be "non-gamer" friendly games, with the main goal to be to have a excuse to chill without talking about youtube. Game example: Quiplash, Drawful, and maybe among us, etc. (*cough* I was also thinking maybe mario kart *cough*. but not everyone owns a Nintendo switch).

Anyway let me know if you are interested in any of these projects. Depending on how many people like and comment on this thread I will do my best to get them up and running in 2021! I just want to build a strong community on the platform and give new and old members a reason to stay. If you would like to help, also feel free to drop a line in this thread. I sound like a college RA don't I lol.

Full disclosure:

• The game night event is one I have been thinking about doing with my own channel. Might be two separate events or might be 1 merged event.
  • YT Rewind 2021 likely will include some people from my online Youtube Meetup Group. Same is sort of true for all events actually, which is why I didn't call it YTtalk Rewind this time.
  • Lastly - I'm not a YTtalk mod. Some people think I'm a mod, but really I'm just a guy who cares about this community and has been on the site since 2013.

Last edited:

JayZippo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
With my schedule not sure I could attend or do much, but sounds like some good ideas!

cy's escapes

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
The 72 hour challenge and 2021 Rewind interest me. I'm not a big channel, but I just like making videos, I could probably contribute some tips for topic #1.

Reactions: Nicekid76

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
First, you should be a mod here. Period. You're about the only thing that keeps this forum alive these days.

Second, the only thing that sort of interests me is the collaboration roulette but I think the roulette idea is off. Maybe more of a "hard core" group of YouTuber "determined" to succeed on YouTube and agreeing to collaborate with each other as much as they can. Not one-and-done. More "We're in the trenches together!" Brothers of Arm sort of thing. And speaking as a three-decade marketing consultant, I think confining yourself to niches is wrong. Yes, collaborating with someone in your niche will likely get you the best results but ANY collaboration is better than none. Also reaching outside of your niche is: 1) The best way to bring new people into your niche, and 2) The only way your fame will spread beyond your niche. If you or anyone else here like this idea, let me know.

Last edited:

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
@cy's escapes - If and when idea 1 happens,I will reach out to you to get your input.

@Jack Decker - That was extremely useful information! i agree that the collab happening cross niche is a good idea. It also is a good way to breathe new life into your video. If you collab with someone who is brand new to woodworking for example they will ask questions that people new to that niche would ask that you may have overlooked, they may see a connection between their niche and your niche that you never saw before. It certainly has a lot of potential and would create very powerful result!

The main reason why I haven't asked to be a mod is because I don't want to be in charge of cleaning up spam on the forum and I'm never sure how to act about people posting videos in the collab section instead of paying for VIP

@Vladimirccg - I tagged you on another thread which i think answers you question.

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
not sure if you are kidding or not, but just in case, the video section of YTtalk is only for VIP members. It's a monthly subscription. That being said, people often just post their "self promo" look at me videos in random sections, but that sort of make paying for VIP moot. As a mod... would I need to stop all that and promote getting VIP, but idk
Anyway YTtalk event! I wonder if more people would be interested. I think it would make the forums a fun and "happening" place to be.

Reactions: Jack Decker

Jack Decker

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
No, I wasn't joking. I've been on this forum for YEARS and never even heard of it. And that's ridiculous thing to pay for. This forum is a ghost town. I doubt anyone is paying for that VIP these days. Are you?

Speaking as a marketing consultant of three decades, the best way to make this forum popular again would be to make a sub-forum for an "inner circle" group. Invitation-only. To get an invite, they have to: 1) Have their s**t together as far as the basics go for their channel. The "basics" being things you need to do for your channel that if you do NOT do, they hurt your channel's chances of success. I could list the "basics" if you want. 2) Be highly active on this forum. Not just in the "inner circle" sub-forum but in the other forums here. 3) Promote the Hell out of each other channels on their channels and CONSTANTLY do collaborations with each other. Not niche-dependent. You get the invite, join, and get promoted the Hell out of by the members and you them. And if you don't, you're kicked out.

That third one would be what actually will make channels grow and if you can make a GROUP of channels grow, that will attract other channels to this forum. The invitation-only keeps the riff-raff out and will actually draw people to it. Posting the "inner circle" members' sub count in a sidebar on all the forums here will raise the group's profile.

BUTTTT to do the above idea would mean you (and I do mean YOU, Nicekid76) become not just a moderator but an administrator for this forum to have the powers to do the above for it. You'd have harp on the "current" moderators and admins to get their attention and pitch the above to them.

Reactions: Nicekid76

Nicekid76

The Bostonian YTtalker
Reaction score
Website
nicekid76.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I really appreciate that. I think about becoming a mod... I just don't think being a mod will improve the forum (minus cleaning up spam) & I don't think there's a chance that I become a admin from post I've read on the forums from previous mods. Someday day I might be a mod. I'll ask the current admin what he expects from a mod, but for the time being I just want to be a member of the community :D