Estimated Monetized Playback % Decreasing. What is Your's Doing?

Reaction score
I just read this entire thread. The idea of starting a second channel for compilations of re-hashed videos from your original channel is bonkers to me. I'm so intrigued. How do you ensure that the viewer base is different than your original channel? Using completely different tags and keywords?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just read this entire thread. The idea of starting a second channel for compilations of re-hashed videos from your original channel is bonkers to me. I'm so intrigued. How do you ensure that the viewer base is different than your original channel? Using completely different tags and keywords?
It probably has to be due to the watch time difference.
My first channel exists longer and has the video's without rehashed content immediately afterwards (videos are around 3 to 4 minutes length. Currently a little under 15 million views over the last 30 days.
Now my second channel with the exact same video's, very similar thumbnails, titles, etc but the content is between 10 and 12 minutes long. Currently 150 million views over the last 30 days (ten times my 1st channel!). Because the videos are over 10 minutes I can run more ads which also doubles the revenue per view.
With the same content, same thumbnail designs, same titles, etc the only variance is video length and look at the difference in success rate!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It probably has to be due to the watch time difference.
My first channel exists longer and has the video's without rehashed content immediately afterwards (videos are around 3 to 4 minutes length. Currently a little under 15 million views over the last 30 days.
Now my second channel with the exact same video's, very similar thumbnails, titles, etc but the content is between 10 and 12 minutes long. Currently 150 million views over the last 30 days (ten times my 1st channel!). Because the videos are over 10 minutes I can run more ads which also doubles the revenue per view.
With the same content, same thumbnail designs, same titles, etc the only variance is video length and look at the difference in success rate!
You had mentioned in another post that you put in ad in your video after a min.. how do you do this?

KidsCorner

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You had mentioned in another post that you put in ad in your video after a min.. how do you do this?
You take a video that is over 10 minutes, go into the video details where you also put end cards, go to the monetization tab and insert advertisement markers. See below for a screenshot:
upload_2017-10-20_1-39-24.png

ericshift1

Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I'm very concerned whether it is systemic or our channel based. Also as soon as I upload a new video, even a completely safe one like the kids birthday party, there is a yellow icon. By the time it's appealed and monetized, it's lost the initial 1-2 days of monetized views. It's very frustrating.
You should probably try and do it before it's published. It's also possible part of your monetized view decline could be attributed to an increase in mobile viewership (no display ads, so not ads on every view) or a change in geographical viewership.

Reactions: KiddieToysReview

Atomic Shrimp

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
More than 50% of my uploads seem to acquire the 'not suitable for all' icon about 24 hours after publishing - without exception these are all reverted to monetized when I request a manual review - my content is unerringly family-friendly and generally inoffensive.

I only generally get a few hundred views per video, and these all within the first few days after publishing - the demonetized state seems to significantly coincide with it.

I have tried uploading and waiting 24 hours before publishing - so that I could request a review before publishing and therefore get my initial little spike of views monetized, but they stay green if I do this - and only turn orange some short time after I publish.

Very frustrating - I want to chalk it up to an improperly-tuned algorithm, but I dunno - I am working incredibly hard to build my channel and this just seems like a slap in the face.

RTT

I've Got It
Reaction score
I also have a lot of "not suitable" for which I requested review but due to 1000 views in a week they are still yellow. There is one exception only - one video got reviewed and changed to green, however a few weeks later changed back to yellow with note "Not suitable for most advertisers. Confirmed by manual review" The video is a kid skit of giant spider attack. Nothing really that could prevent it from monetizing in my opinion, saw plenty of those from reputable channels.