• Join the largest paid sponsorship network. No contracts, no gimmicks, get paid quick. New sponsorships are added daily. Join at famebit.com

Equipment for Better Quality Video

Ms Suga

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm fairly new as a Youtuber (Ms Suga) and I am enjoying it so far. However, I need suggestions on what is the most inexpensive equipment I could buy to up the quality in my videos. As of right now, I'm just using my cell phone to record and a floor lamp that I purchased from Walmart for lighting. It's not the best lighting but it is convenient. Anybody have any suggestions on what to buy and what brand of camera or lighting I can buy for cheap? I'm working on a budget. I'd appreciate the feedback. Thankies! You guys have a great day.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
appreciate the feedback.
It really depends on how much you're willing to spend
I got a pair of softbox lights off eBay a longgg time ago for YT and it cost about £35 ish, and that really changed the quality of my videos big time!
Also, audio is important so if you can pick up a mic, even a nice quality lapel mic for cheap-ish (I'm not sure what brand to suggest though sorry!)
Your camera probably doesn't matter TOO too much at this point as cameras are quite a big investment, and unless you're going to want to upgrade again in the future (soonish) your phone camera is probably pretty good quality anyway

Goodluck! Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Ms Suga

Reaction score
Thank you, hun. I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to check Walmart and Amazon to see what I can find.