Equipment for Better Quality Video

Ms Suga

Reaction score
Hello, everyone. I'm fairly new as a Youtuber (Ms Suga) and I am enjoying it so far. However, I need suggestions on what is the most inexpensive equipment I could buy to up the quality in my videos. As of right now, I'm just using my cell phone to record and a floor lamp that I purchased from Walmart for lighting. It's not the best lighting but it is convenient. Anybody have any suggestions on what to buy and what brand of camera or lighting I can buy for cheap? I'm working on a budget. I'd appreciate the feedback. Thankies! You guys have a great day.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Moved to the recording / editing / production / software / hardware forum. :)

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
appreciate the feedback.
It really depends on how much you're willing to spend
I got a pair of softbox lights off eBay a longgg time ago for YT and it cost about £35 ish, and that really changed the quality of my videos big time!
Also, audio is important so if you can pick up a mic, even a nice quality lapel mic for cheap-ish (I'm not sure what brand to suggest though sorry!)
Your camera probably doesn't matter TOO too much at this point as cameras are quite a big investment, and unless you're going to want to upgrade again in the future (soonish) your phone camera is probably pretty good quality anyway

Goodluck! Sorry I couldn't be more help!

Ms Suga

Reaction score
Thank you, hun. I appreciate the feedback. I'm going to check Walmart and Amazon to see what I can find.