Episode (not Channel) Trailers - Good Idea or harmful to my Channel?

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I spend a great deal of effort crafting a script for a new video. Each video has approx. 6 or 7 scenes each, using multiple cameras for each scene. I easily put in 5 hours editing for every 1 hour I'm shooting. I want my videos to move people.

Suffice it to say, these aren't created in a week. As of now, it's looking like one every 5 weeks or so.

I've been also trying to garner more attention on Instagram with pics and videos of my shoots, behind the scenes stuff, etc. I like how it gives me a chance to give more purpose to my content than just that one video. Every IG post or story supports the upcoming video. My question:

Would it be helpful or harmful to use YouTube in a similar fashion to IG stories? I'm thinking of like a playlist that holds 30 second to 1 minute progress videos that includes the same kind of content... behind the scenes, bloopers, outtakes, raw stuff.

Is anybody successful doing this already? Thanks for you help!

Jason Tonge

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi, I think the idea of youtube is to tailor your product or service offered. Hope this helps.

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
I think short episode trailers are a great idea for your type of content. There are some very successful youtubers I'm subscribed to that do this. It creates interest for their next project and gives me reason to want to check back for that. And even if it is a trailer that's still more content coming out of your channel and therefore a greater chance for people to find you.

Michael Masters

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think short episode trailers are a great idea for your type of content. There are some very successful youtubers I'm subscribed to that do this. It creates interest for their next project and gives me reason to want to check back for that. And even if it is a trailer that's still more content coming out of your channel and therefore a greater chance for people to find you.
Thank you for your comment Cassarilla! I actually just yesterday started watching a series on YT Video Creators that seconds your point. I guess, now, I just have to consider how I’ll deliver these updates! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Cassarilla