Epilepsy warning on a video?

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Mods I am really sorry if this is not the right place to post, I couldn't see a sub forum that looked appropriate, so I shall try on here.

I was at a classic car show at the weekend and right now I am editing my vlogs, there is a clip that shows some old Crown Vic police cars on display, and they are rigged up to have the red and blue lights flashing, is this footage likely to trigger someone's epilepsy? Should I put a warning card in the video at the beginning/before the clip? Or even leave out the clip all together?

Thanks in advance
Bobby

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it's really kind of you to even take this into consideration. I'd say putting a warning up before anything containing flashing images - as far as I'm aware, any kind of flashing is a potential trigger, so you're making a good call here.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Mods I am really sorry if this is not the right place to post, I couldn't see a sub forum that looked appropriate, so I shall try on here.

No problem, I've moved it here. I think this is the most appropriate. :)

I'm not sure it's possible to do just a warning with cards. It used to be possible with annotations. Maybe you could put some text on the screen with your editing software ? Or even just a simple verbal warning: "There are some flashing lights at the 2:35 point of this video." :)

Reactions: KatyAdelson

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
great of you to consider others like this, I would say make a very clear screen with text letting people know there are flashing images (police car lights) in the next clip, to skip past it go to (put time stamp here)

BobbyKryptonite

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think it's really kind of you to even take this into consideration. I'd say putting a warning up before anything containing flashing images - as far as I'm aware, any kind of flashing is a potential trigger, so you're making a good call here.
Thank you :) I have put a title in the video just before the clip :) Thanks for your advice

No problem, I've moved it here. I think this is the most appropriate. :)

I'm not sure it's possible to do just a warning with cards. It used to be possible with annotations. Maybe you could put some text on the screen with your editing software ? Or even just a simple verbal warning: "There are some flashing lights at the 2:35 point of this video." :)
Thank you for moving the thread to an appropriate place and for your advice, I have added a title in editing warning of the flashing lights, and I shall specify the time when I know exactly where it's going to come in the video :)

great of you to consider others like this, I would say make a very clear screen with text letting people know there are flashing images (police car lights) in the next clip, to skip past it go to (put time stamp here)
Thank you :) and thanks for your advice, this is what I am going to do :)