Other EPIC GAMESHOWish COLLAB CHANNEL

SOCKS

The cool kids around the block
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
So I have this idea for a collab channel. Have any of y'all seen the web series "internet icon"? Well the idea here is a never ending video creating competition. Sarah and I will be the host/judges and every 2 weeks, we will post a video describing a certain video challenge (we might just think of challenges together). The participants will then create a video following the guidelines entirely, competing to make the best video. Sarah and I will judge the videos and rank them from first to last. There will be a point system (1st=10pts, 2nd=8pts, 3rd=6pts etc.) and I will keep up the points. And the channel of the winner of each challenge must receive a shoutout from everybody, whether it be from youtube or twitter or whatever.

I'm looking for 5 channels to participate. If you're interested, comment down below, but its not first come first served. I'll be hand selecting the participants. Selection is based off 2 things. Channel type, (id like a variety of channels, not just all vloggers.) and consistency qualities, I don't want someone that'll miss every other challenge so ill see how often you upload. If you think you'll be more consistent than your channel implies, comment down and let me know.

This channel is all for fun and games, but to keep things interesting, the channel with the lowest point score after a certain amount of time (maybe 3-4 months) will be replaced by another channel. Also, if you miss a challenge, you're automatically last. And if you miss 3 challenges (without a reasonable excuse) you will be replaced.

I think this collab channel could have some mean potential but it will be all of our jobs to promote it and get an audience. We'll come up with a name together, and every challenge video must have the same intro. If you want to upload a short vlog to show your progress or connect with the audience, that's fine. Just don't upload it with the challenge intro. Every participant will have the password to the channel, we will post the challenge video every other Sunday, and participants will have till the next wednesday to upload their video. I will try my best to give it that game show feel. Feel free to ask questions. If you're interested, leave you're Skype info down below and ill start a group message with the selected channels:)

Last edited:

BrettMikaluk

Uniquely Awesome Since 1997
Reaction score
Channel Type
Commentator
This sounds fantastic! I'd definitely be interested :) and my channel may look somewhat inconsistent, but I am now back to regular uploads! (been good for roughly 5 weeks now :))

InsendiTV

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian
OMG I loved Internet Icon! Count Me In Mr.Socks! if you chose me that is

dastmo

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This sounds like an awesome idea that I might be interested in. And my channel doesn't reflect my consistency in any way. I had stuff to deal with off the Internet, that's why my uploads seem rather chaotic.

SOCKS

The cool kids around the block
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Thanks for feedback! Right now I have 5 channels interested but I'm gonna wait a bit longer for some more requests. Couple updates to the rules: each season will last 10 weeks, so that's 5 challenges. Channel with the least amount of points at that time will be replace. And for encouragement to post vlogs appealing to the audience, at the end of the season, I will hold a vote for fan favorite, and the winner of the vote will get 10pts. So if you're losing challenges, you better make up for it with appeal ;)

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Dude, I think Reese and I would love to do this. I mean she's not awake (girl sleeps all damn DAY bwahahahaha) but I just... know her, she'd think it was a groovy a** idea. I say sign us up or consider us a possibility, if my girlfriend disagrees... well F it I'll just do it myself. But I'm like 99 percent positive she'll love this idea too.