Enhancing first time interactions?

XTREEMMAK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Ok,

I think this is a problem that I'm having on multiple social networks. Generally, my content is mostly music based, "visualizer" tracks. For my higher performers I may get some extended comments, but in general I'll get the famous "nice track" or "wow that was cool". While I appreciate the compliments, I would like to open up some kind of interaction with these people who were kind enough to listen to my music and comment, to see if one day they could become real fans.

How would you go about neutering that relationship further? Do you take the long approach and contact each person one at a time and try to strike up a conversation? Or is there a more efficient way rather than just saying "thank you" and hoping that they stick around and/or lurk for you next big video? Is it too long if you've missed commenting to them more than 48 hours after the comment was made, to try to strike up a conversation to get to know them (I don't think they'd remember or it might just be....weird maybe?) . I try to reply to every comment I get when I see them but..you know, things happen.

What's you take?

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
I would say try not to force it. When i started out my channel i had the very same thoughts as well. Out of the 10 comments there will be one or two that made a thoughtful comment, i'll try to strike a conversation with those instead as the likelihood of them continuing the conversation is higher compared to those just leaving the 'nice'/ its great type of comments.

Another way is you can ask in your own comment section what is it you like about my video or what you will like to see me do next. Those types will get quite a nice bit of interaction. And you can pin it up. I see it worked for a lot of channels

XTREEMMAK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Definitely some great suggestions there and definitely going to give the pinned comment a try.

For striking up a convo with those people, would you say it best to keep it in the comment section? I take it direct messaging them outright might indeed be a bit too pushy.

Reactions: chubbybots

chubbybots

I've Got It
Reaction score
Definitely some great suggestions there and definitely going to give the pinned comment a try.

For striking up a convo with those people, would you say it best to keep it in the comment section? I take it direct messaging them outright might indeed be a bit too pushy.
Oh yes that will be really too pushy haha. Plus if the conversation is on your video, counts as more engagement. And if i am a viewer i see that the creator is very engaging, it will encourage me to chat up as well...kinda like a positive spiral :D

Reactions: XTREEMMAK

XTREEMMAK

Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Makes sense.

Thanks again for the advice!