End screen question

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hello guys,

So this is pretty annoying, I've just discovered that you can't just use a subscribe end screen, you also need to have a video or playlist. I think that's stupid, it's my first video, so I obviously can't use this because.....well it's my first video.

So I should just write something like Subscribe? Or maybe just a thanks for watching? Then I can use it the subscribe on the next video.

Thanks.

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Add a "Best for user" type item. It will point to the video itself until you upload another video, then point to that.
Then you can have the "Subscribe" item next to the "Best for user" item, so people can subscribe your channel.

You can also link to your channel with an autosubscribe link. for your channel it's

www[dot]youtube[dot]com/channel/UCqduyCgTTRZWdce-ODg7GDw?sub_confirmation=1

(replace [dot] by . - I'm not allowed to post "true" links here)

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

I tried "Best for user" but it said "You dont have any other videos".

Yes I have that subscribe link attached to my banner, thanks.

HiEnergy

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
thanks for watching
I usually put a text slide in the last 20 seconds of my videos, containing a "Thanks for watching" which then also has the end screen elements (usually a "latest video" element together with a "subscribe" element).[DOUBLEPOST=1535281879,1535281347][/DOUBLEPOST]Just checked out your channel. Can hardly await your first video to appear. Bring it on! :D

Reactions: Phiul

Looped Fruit

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
Just wait till your second video to do it then you can go back and add an end screen to the first video.

Ezrider92356

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
you can go back and change end screens at any time go into your video manager then click edit under the video then there will be a tab for end screens. just wait till you have another video or two up and then go back and add the end screens.

VictorLight

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's okay if it is your very first video, you can upload other videos to your channel and come back later for the first video you made and edit the end screen to add newer videos, they can be edited anytime you want.

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
I usually put a text slide in the last 20 seconds of my videos, containing a "Thanks for watching" which then also has the end screen elements (usually a "latest video" element together with a "subscribe" element).[DOUBLEPOST=1535281879,1535281347][/DOUBLEPOST]Just checked out your channel. Can hardly await your first video to appear. Bring it on! :D
I've uploaded already hehe
Thank you all

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You can write into the video in outro and tell people to subscribe and like. Your best bet is to upload more videos and then come back and add the subscribe button:)

Phiul

I've Got It
Reaction score
You can write into the video in outro and tell people to subscribe and like. Your best bet is to upload more videos and then come back and add the subscribe button:)
Thanks. I did something like that in the video i've uploaded, I wrote thank you for watching and see you in the next video. When I upload the next video, I'll add the the subscribe end screen to that 1st video.