End Cards

ItsMegan2

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Ever since I started making videos I've had an endcard that I added annotations to. Since YouTube has released the endcards feature, I wanted to use that, but I have no idea what the dimensions are for it. Does anyone know what the size is, or should I continue doing what I've been doing. I do like how the endcard feature youtube has is available on mobile though, unlike annotations.

Riddikore

Overseer of Earth Realm
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I believe you can resize the end card sizes to match the dimensions of your end screen boxes, much the way you could size annotations. Though I'm not sure how that translates to different screen sizes like mobile

Reactions: Crown and ItsMegan2

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
What I did was make a rough template of where I wanted my videos and subscribe button to be then I made it into a video for about 40 seconds long and kept it as private. I then went into the end screen editor and positioned things where I wanted them. If the text didn't line up or things where a bit out of line I tweaked the original image and re uploaded and tried again until it was perfect. Take a look at the end of my latest video (cauliflower cheese one) if you want to see what I mean. Once I was happy I simply add the original image to the end of my video for 20 seconds. Then once uploaded I add all the stuff. Only problem I have found is that these end cards done work on TV! Which is really annoying. And means that anyone watching on a TV will just see my blank end card with no videos or subscribe button. I might make a generic blank screen with just my logo and social icons until the come up with a way to sort that because I like consistency. As for how it displays on mobiles and tablets. It seems youtube keeps everything in proportion. Feel free to look at mine to get a feel for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
You can resize them and position them but there is a minimum size and it's pretty big!

My advice is to definitely start using endcards on new vids and don't use the annotations for outros any more as that is the future and I predict YT will stop annotations completely in the future.

What you could do is just upload a test video without any audio, make it private and just play around with it. :)

ZakDTV

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was just thinking I was going to start using annotations so I could put them throughout the video, guess not