END CARD PROBLEM

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Although new to End Cards, I have done a few successfully but now have a problem. Have put on YT three videos - let's call them ‘A’ - ‘B’ and ‘C’.
To video ‘A’ I want to add End Cards for videos ‘B’ and ‘C’.
To video ‘B’ I want to add End Cards for videos ‘C’ and ‘A’.

Problem is. To video ‘A’ I added End Card for video ‘C’ but video ‘B’ can’t be found in the thumbnails that are shown. (Yes, I have scrolled through them all)
To video ’B’ I added the End Card for video ‘C’ but this time the video ‘A’ is not available.

Hope this is understandable and that someone can help, please.
Pete

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Try finding the video by adding the url as opposed to searching through the thumbnails, that should make a difference.

Reactions: markkaz and Crown

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks very much for your reply, I was just about to make a posting saying that I had found a work-around - which is exactly what you suggest. However, many thanks again.

It doesn't explain why the problem or the actual answer.
Cheers. Pete.

Kate's Adventures

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the endcards feature only shows a selection of your most recent uploads, not all of them. My channel has 300 videos so I've got used to copying and pasting the link haha. It's a little annoying but I'm glad you've found a workaround.

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks for that additional tip that will be kept in mind. I have a long way to go to match your 300 videos on YT as I have only 267. Most of mine are 'unlisted' as they refer to 'trade secrets.
Cheers. Pete

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yeah they only suggest a limited number of your recent videos in the dropdown list. As mentioned by @Kate's Adventures You have to copy-paste the URL for the older ones. :)

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks for your additional comments Crown. My problem is resolved of course, but I'm a little puzzled with your comment about having to cut/paste the URL for the older ones. The two videos I had problems with were my latest uploads just over a day ago.
Cheers. Pete

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Are the ones that don't appear in your end-card suggestions public or unlisted?

Magic Pete

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Are the ones that don't appear in your end-card suggestions public or unlisted? Thanks Markkaz for that suggestion. Very good. It had also crossed my mind. Perhaps I had better explain a little of my self made problems (apart from age!) Every video I make is always put up as ‘Unlisted’ and most likely the link sent to a colleague for ‘Proof viewing’. All being approved, the video is then made public - unless it’s one with my ‘trade secrets’. If not approved, it’s taken down and changes made on my PC. So at any one time, I do have quite a lot as ‘Unlisted’ as well as the ‘Public’ ones. No wonder I get somewhat confused when trying something new like adding End Cards. You may understand that I can’t always look back at what I did quite a while ago!!!

However I think your suggestion is correct and will pay attention to that the next time I’m adding End cards – most likely tomorrow.

Many thanks for your reply and suggestion.
Pete.