"Enable Sponsorships to offer special perks to your viewers"

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
(Apologies if there is already a thread about this but I didn't find one.)

So, I recently had this notification on my channel:

" Enable Sponsorships to offer special perks to your viewers - while making money from your channel."

There was a link with the notification ( https://www.youtube.com/sponsors?step=splash) but I have just realised that it is not accessible to everyone. (link doesn't work when I'm logged out or connected to a smaller channel)

Anyway, here is a screenshot:

Update:

Ok, I have found some public information about this in the YouTube help: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/7491256?hl=en

It is indeed not yet open to everyone:

"We are currently rolling this feature out to some channels. If you’re in this group, you’ll see this feature at youtube.com/sponsors."

More info also in this video:

Is anyone doing this?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Its taken longer than I expected for YT to offer a competitor to Patreon. Or at least that is how I see it.
Im sure if /when I get the option I will look to utilizing it. These little gems are normally only available to US users?

Reactions: Emerrias and Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Its taken longer than I expected for YT to offer a competitor to Patreon. Or at least that is how I see it.
Im sure if /when I get the option I will look to utilizing it. These little gems are normally only available to US users?

I don't think it's restricted by geography because payments go through adsense. I think they started it with big gaming channels and now seem to be offering it to what I'd call "niche" channels. (Judging by the channels I've seen with it enabled and also the 3 case studies in the above screenshot.)

Yachts For Sale

Yachts For Sale
Reaction score
Interesting, as @EVO said it does sound a lot like Patreon.

I'm not sure how successful this arrangement could be or how long it can last. After all, viewers go to youtube for free content. Personally I would like to see YouTube getting more involved in offering corporate sponsors that pay to have their product/service promoted on a YouTube channel. This would be better for advertisers, who could be more selective in where they place their advertising budget, and better for creators too who could make more money from a single sponsor.

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Interesting, as @EVO said it does sound a lot like Patreon.

I'm not sure how successful this arrangement could be or how long it can last. After all, viewers go to youtube for free content. Personally I would like to see YouTube getting more involved in offering corporate sponsors that pay to have their product/service promoted on a YouTube channel. This would be better for advertisers, who could be more selective in where they place their advertising budget, and better for creators too who could make more money from a single sponsor.

Yeah I agree. Also, I feel it's more pressure on the creator. There's a big difference in creating videos for free for people compared to paying customers. The former should be grateful for anything they get whereas the latter will be way more demanding.

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Seen it since last Dec on a photography channel i follow.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
copy paste:
-----------------------------
Sponsor my channel and receive
Exclusive access to a badge in comments and live chat

"your user name"

Plus access to any perks that I may offer and update from time to time
Sponsor-only downloads of raw image files for cameras and lenses that I review!

Exclusive posts on the community tab to discuss Photo Assignments!

Exclusive monthly live stream only for sponsors!

Report perks

€4.99/month
Recurring payment.
Cancel anytime.
Learn more about Sponsorships

button: SPONSOR

--------------------------------------------------------------------
OFFTOPIC:
not a reason to open new thread just asking does anyone encounter problems with channel's banner?
I see mine from half to end, also in other channels I checked, maybe is a browser problem of mine? (Chrome)

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
That sounds like a twitch thing when it comes to gamers, since in twitch people can become subscribers by paying $5.00 and they get exclusive badges and sub streams, stuff like that. Also sounds like patreon, which rarely works for me lol never got a patreon supporter ever! XD Sooooo yeah, looks like they want to keep competing with Twitch and Patreon.

Emerrias

Reaction score
Can confirm, in USA and don't have this feature

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Emerrias

Reaction score
That sounds like a twitch thing when it comes to gamers, since in twitch people can become subscribers by paying $5.00 and they get exclusive badges and sub streams, stuff like that. Also sounds like patreon, which rarely works for me lol never got a patreon supporter ever! XD Sooooo yeah, looks like they want to keep competing with Twitch and Patreon.
YouTube needed this, now PATREON is in trouble!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Steverd

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Is it open to everyone?
Last time I checked their TOS said I needed 100,000 Subs to offer this service.