Elgato Problems

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
So recently I've been having trouble with my elgato corrupting videos and making the commentary out of sync with the videos. Does anyone have any idea on why this would happen. I've never had any trouble with my elgato up until about a week ago.

It also likes to but this feedback noise every time i talk. I've messed with my mic settings and such but nothing seems to fix it. I think it has something to do with the elgato software as when i use anything else to record my mic does fine.

I use a yeti microphone. Also my elgato is like two years old. is it just time to buy a new one?

Jasiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Most, likely could be your mic for the audio problems. Corrupting videos I'm not sure about

Therealkojr

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Most, likely could be your mic for the audio problems. Corrupting videos I'm not sure about

hmmm I've been doing some testing. I did about a 30 min recording on bandicam and another 20 or so min recording with a webcam on obs and the mic seemed fine.

Any ideas on what could be causing the feedback though if it is the mic? Its just like an electric buzz whenever i talk. Not like a hummmm you get when the gain is too high on an amp but more like a buzz whenever noise is made.

Jasiah

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If it's an older version of an Elgato that's probably what it is. Or if you did not buy it brand new that could be it too.

Shendijiro

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer, Designer, Animator, Other
I am still using my old HD and it works super fine, maybe it is your computer? Since the videos are quite heavy maybe your RAM is not running appropriately with the el gato? Also I record my voice on audacity to not make el gato suffer lol