Elgato Issues?!?

beardyben91

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey Hey,

I have previously been using my PS4 game capture to record my videos and sharefactory to edit, but I have now taken the plunge and invested in the elgato HD 60!

Only problem is I am getting serious tearing and lag issues, although I'm hoping I have fixed that now by tinkering with some of my settings and it is probably ill advised to begin recording with Spotify and Chrome open! *Facepalm*

But my main issue is that the audio that gets captures sounds like I am underwater and is really unclear, I don't know if this is related to my previous recording issues and should now be sorted, but it seems more like an audio capture issue! I was wondering if any of you had experienced this before and if so how did you get around it?

Sladee

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
It's probably your mic, sometimes they break internally and you get that underwater sound. Try and see if you have another mic lying around to check if it is a hardware issue. And yea Chrome is a RAM hog so it may affect your recording.

Reactions: beardyben91

beardyben91

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I'm really hoping it isn't the mic, I've only just bought it!

Its a hyper X cloud 2, so pretty middle of the road quality wise, but it seems to record alright on my PS4 capture, I will give my old mic a whirl though just in case, thanks!

Reactions: Sladee