Elgato Game Capture Review/Guide

Has This Review/Guide Helped You?

• Total voters

The Mahano

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
This review is almost word for word what I think about this capture device. I've been using it for a week now and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT. As a first time uploader it couldn't have been easier to set up and start recording . I highly recommend spending the 150 or so dollar it costs. The editing software (stated above) is not the best but it's pretty easy to get video editing software lol. Anyway, thanks for the review I agreed with it 200%
Thank you, its a brilliant device

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I just noticed the amazon link, we dont allow affiliate links here so I have removed it, gonna sticky this one as it had been missed it seems :)

theTinkyWinky

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
The Elgato is by far the best game capture system for consoles in my opinion. You can take it with you on your vacation to the Bahamas!

Reactions: The Mahano

Zolba

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator, Reviewer
Bumping this slightly now - anyone know how you can get sound from Elgato and USB headset at the same time (talking about PC now).

TundraZer0

Generic Title
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm honestly thinking about getting something like this; I'm currently using the oldschool 1212 Hauppauge HDPVR, and it works perfects for recording my 360, but I'd love to record my retro consoles, and I've done research and know that this thing can do that. I guess I also have a Dazzle Capture Card (straight from 2009), and that works good enough for NES, but it's iffy for 16-bit consoles, and unusable for N64/Ps2 ect.

Macca

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great Revie, been thinking of getting one of these to replace this terrible Roxio HD. Any one think it's worth splashing and getting the 60fps one? I do sometimes upload 60fps if its counter strike etc but is it worth it on consoles? I only know of cod that runs at a solid 60fps.

RichGuitarGamer

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
You may have to be careful about over using the Elgato tho - it can over heat if for instance you are doing live streams, other then that it is the best capture card. the slight lag is always going to happen - best to have a good spec pc/ mac if you attempt on using a screen capture app or running OBS alongside your elgato