Elgato Game Capture HD Commentary issue

the100yengamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Dear Forum

Hello, I have been using my Elgato Game Capture HD without any problem, then I just updated the software to latest and starting to have problem with commentary recording.

After recording for more than 1 hr, my commentary voice will become stutter, but game audio is fine. I never had anything like this before the update.....Any thought?

PandaOracle

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
I can't even record my audio in game capture, because it keeps cutting right from the beginning :/

the100yengamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
humm, thats weired! what kind of PC are you using to capture?

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
just make sure your computer is running okay. Maybe turn it off and on to refresh and ram storage (programs that are minimized or closed get stored in here and can slow down the machine) or it might be because of your computers storage :) if you're saving straight to a external hard drive that could also be a problem :)

Reactions: the100yengamer

Andrew Flint

Adobe Certified Associate & Post Student
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
A terrible one :L It can capture 1080p game footage and sound for 30 minutes (never needed to go past that) but I just can't use the "live commentary" feature
if you're computer doesn't meet the minimum requierements to use the capture card that could be a reason why.. :)

the100yengamer

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
just make sure your computer is running okay. Maybe turn it off and on to refresh and ram storage (programs that are minimized or closed get stored in here and can slow down the machine) or it might be because of your computers storage :) if you're saving straight to a external hard drive that could also be a problem :)
I may needed to restart the PC, since I updated the Elgato software, plus I have rendered bunch of software night before.... Will test out the capturing again tonight! Thanks for the tip.