Elgato Compatability with Mac

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I am looking to get an Elgato sometime soon to start recording our Xbox battles we have. But how good do they go with a Mac and how difficult is it to work through?

I have read abit on it but was just looking to see if anyone uses one with a Mac. I will also be editing with iMovie just for now.

Zesty

Zesty Person!/Rainbow Six Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For my first videos I used my Elgato on my Mac and it worked fine, just be careful of your storage. I'm having to wipe out my storage on it right now because of YouTube, even with my 5TB Hard Drive. I find it easier on a computer, but it works fine on Apple Products.

Reactions: BanterDays

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
For my first videos I used my Elgato on my Mac and it worked fine, just be careful of your storage. I'm having to wipe out my storage on it right now because of YouTube, even with my 5TB Hard Drive. I find it easier on a computer, but it works fine on Apple Products.
Are the files massive that are made from the recordings?

Zesty

Zesty Person!/Rainbow Six Youtuber
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
That is big for a clip like that! Well I will defiantly do some more investigating before I make the decision!
Just know I do love the Elgato and use it for all of my videos, just delete them afterwards. But you do some more research :)

Reactions: BanterDays

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Just know I do love the Elgato and use it for all of my videos, just delete them afterwards. But you do some more research :)
A few people have talked it up! But I will :)