Editor bailed... now what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
This isn't directed at OP but in general because some people seem to be suggesting using the forums to find an editor. - Editing isn't a service that can be traded here at YTtalk ( free or paid) because we consider it's something that YouTube creators should be learning and doing for themselves. :)
Oh, my bad then. Just wanted to show some support, that there are people around able to help out and who are in the same boat

Reactions: Crown

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Do you think there's any way you can find time to edit your own videos, because most YouTubers don't have someone editing for them unless you are willing to pay someone to edit videos for you. You are going to have a hard time finding someone willing to edit for free. editing takes time to do and effort, the person who is editing your videos is taking time out of there own day to edit for you. You can't really expect someone to edit your videos for free all the time.

Reactions: TheCreatorCritic
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Do you think there's any way you can find time to edit your own videos, because most YouTubers don't have someone editing for them unless you are willing to pay someone to edit videos for you. You are going to have a hard time finding someone willing to edit for free. editing takes time to do and effort, the person who is editing your videos is taking time out of there own day to edit for you. You can't really expect someone to edit your videos for free all the time.
Totally agree, but you cant tell someone passionate not to try least try all options.

Going to try and just do my own editing again, only had an editor for a week. Ill just hit the YT and see what I can lesrn from there.

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I didn't say not to try, I was just giving my opinion from the other side. So you can look at both sides of things your side and the other persons.

Reactions: TheCreatorCritic

TheDutchTexan

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I wouldn't edit something for free if my life depended on it. It's hard work, takes a lot of time. No way... Just... No way...

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
I've only had a free editor for about a week.

So, I mean that really isnt the thing. He actually wanted to use this as a way to get better and to help as well.

I will definitely look into that, if I have to go back to doing the edits myself then thats fine if I can get the time. With work, kids, and all that it is rather tough. Lol.

Is there any good channels that I can watch for good editing tips?
Just edit yourself; you can't depend on other people and this proved me right. You have to take the time to do some editing. Maybe you should upload less but learn the basics of editing. Remember, you will get faster at editing with practice and experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.