Editor bailed... now what?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do if you are a person like myself that doesn't have the time to edit your own videos because of kids, life, work, etc etc... but you found someone that can and is good at it.

Then while you are getting videos recorded and to them, they just stop doing it and that's it... that's me right now. Extremely sad because I have 0 time to myself to try and edit and unsure what to do now.

Thats rough, depending on whether or not it was a paid thing you could always hunt down another editor online.

Editing is hard work. You having a free editor for so long was good enough. Time to get a new editor, start paying, or upload less frequent.

Yeah, that sucks.. You should probably go editor hunting, I'm pretty sure someone out there might be interested even in editing for free, you just might be doing this a bit more frequently than you'd like, can't blame people for moving on...

In fact I was just on a thread where people were talking about considering switching to editing rather than full on video production, I can't post links but it's yttalk.com / threads /i-just-wanna-edit-videos-strangely-enough.257215/ (minus the spaces ofc). The forums are actually a reasonable place to start looking for an editor

EDIT: Someone from the aformentioned thread just started their own threads/how-to-find-a-youtuber-to-work-for-as-an-editor.257219/ You should check it out!

I've only had a free editor for about a week.

So, I mean that really isnt the thing. He actually wanted to use this as a way to get better and to help as well.

I will definitely look into that, if I have to go back to doing the edits myself then thats fine if I can get the time. With work, kids, and all that it is rather tough. Lol.

Is there any good channels that I can watch for good editing tips?

This isn't directed at OP but in general because some people seem to be suggesting using the forums to find an editor. - Editing isn't a service that can be traded here at YTtalk ( free or paid) because we consider it's something that YouTube creators should be learning and doing for themselves. :)

Yea, thank you Crown. Was definitely not looking for an editor.. just bummed at the fact that I barely have the time to sit down to eat before being rushed out the door for work or the kiddos!

So, doing my best! Going to try and learn some more things tonight and just suck it up and try and do it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back