Editing your good videos

HowToDudes

Reaction score
When you have a really good idea that you really think will get tons of views do you spend lots of time editing that video? Do you wanna make sure everything is perfect? I would like to know your work ethic:)

Reactions: Quick Question

Joley

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I try to make it work but then I ask for other people's opinions because they would be the ones watching it, editing videos make you sort of biased, you may think it's a great idea but to others it may seem completely irrelevant or out of place, so yeah, I do try and make it work but I always show people the idea I have so they can have a look and see if it makes sense.

Sometimes I add it in anyway, sometimes I just keep it stored somewhere so if I need to revert to editing ideas I look at that.

Quick Question

Questions Answer Everything
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I put in the same amount of effort on all my videos, sometimes I fall behind in my schedule or get ahead which in that case I might spend more time or work harder to get things perfect. If I have a really good idea I tend to write down a lot of notes so I dont forget ideas.

TN7

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
As a really smaller creator, I'd rather save that idea for when I start to grow a little. If I want to post it anyway, yeah I would spend an extra hour or two to make sure everything's how I want it. It's better of course, to make every single video the best one you created.

PopsLetsPlay

UBER Gamer
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Youtuber
I know that pretty much all of my videos are never going to get a ton of views lol i still put all the knowledge i've gathered about editing into them, though.

joannavlogs

Love always wins
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I put a lot of effort into all my videos as I want to be proud of them so I spend a lot of time editing them so I am proud of them [emoji4] if I do rush them then I find things that I don't like after which bugs me but depends on the schedule and fitting in editing

Heather White

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
To be honest, I don't have a lot of experience in editing or filming, but I do have a message that I try to get across my channel in every video. I still try to give it my all and develop my own style. I use Imovie, so I am limited, but it gives me the tools to do basic things like voiceovers, splitting and merging scenes, and adding text and audio.