Editing video size in video editor.

MindofEnvy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Pretty much I record my gameplay on my 2560x1080 ultrawide LG monitor.
When I use shadowplay it just crops the top and bottom (please see my most recent video for an ex)
Is their any way I can get it to be fullscreen? No black bars?

DigitalTom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
You have to either play fullscreen with 1920x1080 in game res (which will make it look weird for you but fine for people watching) or windowed mode. I guess windowed is better cuz then you can have notes and such on screen.

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I would suggest using your editing software to either cut out some of the sides to fit into a 16:9 ratio like 1080p,

...but a better option would be look for virtual screen size adjustment software.
I'm using a software called "Disable Monitor" to get my recording down to a 1080 x 1920 resolution from 2880 x 1800, but theres tonnes of other resolution changing softwares out there, and you can just change while recording, and disable afterwards.

Last edited:

DigitalTom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Imho cutting out sides of videos is kinda pointless. Especially when there's stuff there... Over 600 pixels seems like a lot to me. But who am I to argue. I've never done it before :p

Rails2Revolution

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Imho cutting out sides of videos is kinda pointless. Especially when there's stuff there... Over 600 pixels seems a lot to me. But who am I to argue. I've never done it before :p
Yup, which is why the better option is screen adjustment ;)

Cutting the sides really only works when you're screens only slightly different to the 16:9 ratio.

Reactions: DigitalTom

MindofEnvy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
What about an overlay? I know that sounds wierd but like ive done it all and it seems to stick to that size. I think because I have another monitor?(just for Skype or Discord)
Idk i think thats my best bet. Seems like a lot going from 2560 to 1920