Editing software similar to snapseed but can be used on windows desktop?

Tropical

Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I love snapseed. It does such a great job "prettying" up photos. I have photoshop CS3 but due to my lousy photoshop skills I found snapseed did a superior job for an amateur like myself (photos were way faster to fix and just turned out better looking after getting tweaked with snapseed than photoshop).

Does anyone here have a favorite editing software that is similar to snapseed but can be used on a desktop? I'd love to hear suggestions.

Thanks!

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked before but I love snapseed. It does such a great job "prettying" up photos. I have photoshop CS3 but due to my lousy photoshop skills I found snapseed did a superior job for an amateur like myself (photos were way faster to fix and just turned out better looking after getting tweaked with snapseed than photoshop).

Does anyone here have a favorite editing software that is similar to snapseed but can be used on a desktop? I'd love to hear suggestions.

Thanks!
Do you mean for... thumbnails?
I use Sai which is... Kind of similar to PS tbh haha... I heard a lot of people use Picmonkey to make their thumbnails though, I'm not sure if its good or not though!

Tropical

Reaction score
Do you mean for... thumbnails?
I use Sai which is... Kind of similar to PS tbh haha... I heard a lot of people use Picmonkey to make their thumbnails though, I'm not sure if its good or not though!
Thanks! I just checked out picmonkey... I'm going to try that one out. Yes, I need it for editing thumbnail and instagram photos :)

I googled "SAI" but couldn't find it... what does SAI stand for? Thanks

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the software discussion forum. =)

I like Picmonkey a lot - but only for the desktop version. It's annoying to use the smartphone app, but maybe that's because I find it hard to use my big fat finger instead of a little mouse to click things. It's neat because you can add color enhancements to only certain parts of pictures, or the entire picture. This allows you to have a color effect with everything except for one object or your skin tone (or the opposite effect), if you want. It's really good for making trees look greener and more mythical, or to even multiply in a background of clouds or stars into just the sky area. It's not as elaborate as photoshop, but I still find it easy to spend way more time than planned plugging away at a thumbnail lol.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Thanks! I just checked out picmonkey... I'm going to try that one out. Yes, I need it for editing thumbnail and instagram photos :)

I googled "SAI" but couldn't find it... what does SAI stand for? Thanks
Sai, as in Painttool sai, I don't know if it stands for anything
It's a Japanese programme that's kind of similar to photoshop :D