Editing Software choices

iTipTurtles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Hello, personally i am a fan of Sony Vegas and have been using it for around 1 or 2 years for various things.
However, ive been informed of Adobe Premiere being good, especailly with the h.264 codec. What do you guys think?

jochem

where the fields are green and the air fresh
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer, Commentator
so far ive been doing all of my videos with windows live moviemaker. but im also just exploring sony vegas now because im gonna need the more advanced editing for a upcomming video.

Priyam

Taking your iDevice to max
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Designer
Yes even I have been using Sony Vegas for all my editing. Adobe premier is also good, my friend has got it and I really liked it the way he combined it with after effects and action essential to make really amazing videos. But even somy Vegas could have been used but having a similar company product eases handling. I thought Sony Vegas 12 has got h.264? In still stuck figuring out the new features in SV12. If it doesn't have what a shame it would be!

iTipTurtles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im not too sure, as far as im aware h.264 isnt on vegas

IftiBashir

Undiscovered....
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Never used Sony Vegas, although Ive heard good things about it.
Personally I use Final Cut Pro X on the MAC platform and am very happy with it.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Commentator
I personally use CS6 Premier Pro and it works a dream with h.264; it is also very handy the way it integrates with all the other packages like After Effects. I have previously used Windows Movie Maker and it was quite limited which I didnt like.

I haven't tried Song Vegas so I cannot provide you with a good comparsion :(

Priyam

Taking your iDevice to max
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Reviewer, Designer
Wouldn't that be a shame for SV12 of not having h.264 codec? I still doubt that fact, I'm going to spend some time looking in SV12 for a h.264 codec.

Tonio

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director
Youtube offers great video editing tools which is FREE and i mean you can optimize your video the way you want with the enhancements and then make the video available to the public..:)

Cloe Ashtari

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer, Designer, Animator
I personally use Premier Pro because of the integration with other adobe products like it's been said before above! but yeah it works really well with h.264 codec. Although I've never used Sony Vegas really, I have friends who use Final Cut Pro and they say that's equally as good as the other programs.
I'd say stick to what you're comfortable with! :)

iTipTurtles

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Im going to give premiere a try, and then ill see what i like best. As i might as well try them all ^^

Reactions: Cloe Ashtari