Editing/research posts

filipaschannel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hi guys! Found myself wondering if anyone else does this... Very often I like to just take my laptop somewhere outside my home and that I feel really good and edit or do research from there. Does anyone do this or you prefer to just do it from the comfort of your home?

(Sorry if this is in th wrong place somehow! - begginer)

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Yeah, I'm like that. I get waaay more stuff done if I go to the library, a university campus, or a coffee shop. There's something about "going somewhere" that makes me feel like I need to get stuff done lol. Whenever I'm having an unproductive day, I usually just pack up my laptop and go to somewhere else to start getting stuff done. ^^

But keeping my laptop at a desk instead of next my bed helps a little bit, too.

filipaschannel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, I'm like that. I get waaay more stuff done if I go to the library, a university campus, or a coffee shop. There's something about "going somewhere" that makes me feel like I need to get stuff done lol. Whenever I'm having an unproductive day, I usually just pack up my laptop and go to somewhere else to start getting stuff done. ^^

But keeping my laptop at a desk instead of next my bed helps a little bit, too.

I usually go to some coffee shop and it's always when I get more done!! love having people around and my cup of coffee it just completely changes my mood. When I'm at home I tend to get distracted either if by my dogs, my boyfriend or because I always have something to do there.

Farley Productions

Pursuing the Arts one step at a time.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Unfortunately for me I don't have a laptop to do any of my editing and researching stuff. =\ But instead I have a custom built PC at home that I do all my work on. Which is good because it's powerful for an editing unit at home...but bad because I can't do any post production work outside of my house. Can't wait until I get a laptop so I can edit on the go though. =]

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
If I'm editing, I have to be home, because I get into a real zone when I'm editing. I find being somewhere else too distracting.

Researching and such, I do like to get away to other places, because I find it can be nice to have the stimulation of outside people and visuals around me.

AmberAndGolden

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I would 100% do that, but my laptop is the size of a house LOL It's one of those 17" screen laptops, so not very portable... also kind of heavy

Reactions: Kesler's Dad

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yea I'm more comfortable in my home mainly cause if someone walks by and sees what I'm doing it's not weird cause they really don't care. But if I'm out in public I get really anxious about someone walking near me and wondering why I'm editing a video of myself. Besides, if I really want minimal distractions I can go into my room and shut the door. Someone might call me but I just pretend like I can't hear them lol :giggle:

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
In July and August, it gets very hot where I live and so I go to my local library which has free WIFI and airconditioning and I work from there. :)

Mister20seven

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
For the type of videos I did until now, it wouldn't be a good option as I always would get distracted. I have to do some parts over and over again videocuts go with the music) when i'm at home, in public it would be even more work.
But I think it's a chilled feel to have a laptop and sit outdoors in the sun, maybe I'm going to give it a shot someday.

filipaschannel

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Unfortunately for me I don't have a laptop to do any of my editing and researching stuff. =\ But instead I have a custom built PC at home that I do all my work on. Which is good because it's powerful for an editing unit at home...but bad because I can't do any post production work outside of my house. Can't wait until I get a laptop so I can edit on the go though. =]
I feel like I have much more mood for it if I'm out. You'll find it so much fun when you're able to do it although sometimes I'd rather have a more powerful tool like it's your case! I only have a laptop and sometimes it's slow.[DOUBLEPOST=1493074946,1493074710][/DOUBLEPOST]Z
If I'm editing, I have to be home, because I get into a real zone when I'm editing. I find being somewhere else too distracting.

Researching and such, I do like to get away to other places, because I find it can be nice to have the stimulation of outside people and visuals around me.
See I'm the other way! If I'm home I get distracted with anything. Or if it is because the dishwasher was finished, or my dogs, or even a fly is inside. When I'm out I put my headphones and I'm in another world! Focused, nothing gets through to me and sometimes, for how weird that is, staring at a tree, other people or a bird even gets me ideas :D[DOUBLEPOST=1493075121][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yea I'm more comfortable in my home mainly cause if someone walks by and sees what I'm doing it's not weird cause they really don't care. But if I'm out in public I get really anxious about someone walking near me and wondering why I'm editing a video of myself. Besides, if I really want minimal distractions I can go into my room and shut the door. Someone might call me but I just pretend like I can't hear them lol :giggle:
Hahaha I like it less to edit next to my boyf or family than if random strangers are passing by. I'm always saying for my boyfriend "stop staring at my videos" as if I'm not gonna post them for the entire world to see if it's a stranger I'll be like "here's the link pls subscribe if you enjoy the video"

Reactions: Farley Productions