Editing really does take hours!!

KizKaz

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

We've recently just made a YouTube channel and I can safely say editing takes so, so long! As we put a lot of time and effort into our videos (as does everyone else) we are hoping to post 1 video every week. Being newbie YouTubers, we would really appreciate if you could head over to our channel and provide us with feedback!

I have attached a thumbnail to one of our videos - I tried to embed a link to our video but it wouldn't let me. We're new to this site so still getting the grips with it!

Questions we would love your input on:
Are we spending too much time editing?
Being a small channel, should we focus on quantity of videos rather than quality?
Are our sound levels out of proportion?
Can our camera angles be better?
Can we improve our thumbnails?

All little questions like this can help us so much!!

Thank you for reading! :)

Attachments

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Hey and welcome!

You might want to start up by putting the corrent channel ID to your settings so the red button on your signature starts working. :)

Reactions: KizKaz

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Can`t say since you didn`t put any metric how much in hours you spend on editing one video :). I think by time goes and that becomes your routine, you will spend less amount of time.

Being a small channel, should we focus on quantity of videos rather than quality?
Focus on both. Because quantity will help you to come in first results on youtube search, and quality will help you not to disappoint people who click on your videos.

For the rest of the question, as ToysForKids noted, fix the link :)

SimbaHD_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Never focus on quantity because you could upload daily video that arent at a good quality and you would nothing from it because everyone will watch your videos and this your content is bad, so yes, quality is better than quantity but Try and get more than just 1 video a week because it gives more people a reason to subscribe in a way because there is more content for them to watch.

Reactions: KizKaz

KizKaz

Reaction score
Hey and welcome!

You might want to start up by putting the corrent channel ID to your settings so the red button on your signature starts working. :)
Thank you so much for letting us know! It should working as it should now - could you please click and let me know if it's working ok? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1493643510,1493643369][/DOUBLEPOST]
Never focus on quantity because you could upload daily video that arent at a good quality and you would nothing from it because everyone will watch your videos and this your content is bad, so yes, quality is better than quantity but Try and get more than just 1 video a week because it gives more people a reason to subscribe in a way because there is more content for them to watch.
Thank you for your advice! :) At the moment we are both working full time so it's very hard finding the time to record and edit :( Maybe I could lessen the editing a little bit to make room to upload 2 videos a week?[DOUBLEPOST=1493643770][/DOUBLEPOST]
Can`t say since you didn`t put any metric how much in hours you spend on editing one video :). I think by time goes and that becomes your routine, you will spend less amount of time.

Focus on both. Because quantity will help you to come in first results on youtube search, and quality will help you not to disappoint people who click on your videos.

For the rest of the question, as ToysForKids noted, fix the link :)
Thank you for the reply! To put it into perspective we spend around 10 hours editing our FIFA videos. But as you say, as we become more familiar we should spend less time (hopefully) haha!

Maybe we could produce videos that are easier to edit to slot in between the FIFA/gaming videos?

I've adjusted the link to our YouTube channel and I'm hoping it is now working as it should be!

SimbaHD_

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Thank you so much for letting us know! It should working as it should now - could you please click and let me know if it's working ok? :)[DOUBLEPOST=1493643510,1493643369][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you for your advice! :) At the moment we are both working full time so it's very hard finding the time to record and edit :( Maybe I could lessen the editing a little bit to make room to upload 2 videos a week?[DOUBLEPOST=1493643770][/DOUBLEPOST]

Thank you for the reply! To put it into perspective we spend around 10 hours editing our FIFA videos. But as you say, as we become more familiar we should spend less time (hopefully) haha!

Maybe we could produce videos that are easier to edit to slot in between the FIFA/gaming videos?

I've adjusted the link to our YouTube channel and I'm hoping it is now working as it should be!
If you can do more than 1 quality then just stick with that way you won't have to feeel like you have to rush them so you can do 2

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
I moved this to the Reviews / Channel Feedback forum.

Reactions: Crown

darkstarmedia

Words are great.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
There's no such thing as "too much editing time" - not in my opinion, anyway!

The fact you're dedicating that much time to your work shows that you're committed - although, it's likely that number of hours will decrease as you improve and hone your talents. You'll pick up shortcuts, leave out tricks that don't necessarily add anything to your content and you'll learn even more cool new things.

The only thing to be mindful of is seeing how much your editing schedule cuts into your other activities. If it's preventing you from pumping out as much content as you'd like, look at what you're doing and remove anything that isn't necessary. Just don't let your need to upload regularly impact on the overall quality of your videos!

Editing is tough, but it's fun and it's what brings your videos to life, so never stop playing around with it.

Reactions: vMinti

UnboxingSve

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
The link is now working :) All comments are for this video: "BF vs GF FIFA 17 CHALLENGE! | GIRLFRIEND FIFA not STRIP FIFA 17 | KizKaz "
In my opinion, the video is great but you edited it too much. With that much special effects, a viewer cannot focus well on delivered content. For some comments, you could just put subtitles, and only a few of them put some special effect. Also, consider balancing the sound of music and your voices because for now when I put enough volume to hear you talking, then when music comes it is too loud so I need to reduce volume. Now don`t be down by these comments because I just focused on things I think can be improved, other than that you are doing great work and think you have serious potential to grow :)
For the end to put some disclaimer - of course, all this can be just my subjective thoughts, maybe for some other viewers, they like it how it is now :)

Reaction score
Things look good. I think thumbnails are appealing. Definitely fast pace editing style ... maybe tone down a bit. Depends if your viewers like it. Being newish myself (7 months) and not being a natural creative/graphic person I feel the same way. Editing takes a while. Thumbnails take a while. If you love it, it's worth it. There's a balance between quality vs content for sure. I think more content personally.