Editing HELP!

Eva

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I’m new to YouTube and am planning on creating a recipe channel. I LOVE cooking and I literally cook delicious meals every single day! So I thought this would be an awesome way to share my recipes while enjoying what I do! My video quality SUCKS tho!

I really want to make easy to follow recipes like that Tasty channel I’ve been seeing circulating around.. what kind of video editing are they using?! I would LOVE to make my videos look that smooth and easy to follow!

Thanks bunches!![DOUBLEPOST=1511125253,1511125139][/DOUBLEPOST]
Hey everyone! I’m new to YouTube and am planning on creating a recipe channel. I LOVE cooking and I literally cook delicious meals every single day! So I thought this would be an awesome way to share my recipes while enjoying what I do! My video quality SUCKS tho!

I really want to make easy to follow recipes like that Tasty channel I’ve been seeing circulating around.. what kind of video editing are they using?! I would LOVE to make my videos look that smooth and easy to follow!

Thanks bunches!!
I wanted to add.... I have so many recipes already recorded just waiting to be uploaded! It’s killing me knowing I have so much good footage not being put to use

Stike96

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your editing software is only a tool. It's up to the person using it as to how well they use it. There are diehard fans for most of the popular video editing software out there, I use Premiere Pro and dislike using FCPX and AVID (even though I know how to use them). I know people who love AVID though and many big tech YouTubers use FCPX.

I would recommend watching loads of cooking videos from different channels and picking up things that make you like them. You can then take inspiration from those things for your videos, as for editing I'd recommend trying out Premiere Pro and FCPX (if you have a Mac) and have a look at some tutorials for them on YouTube.

Reactions: Dutchie Abroad

darksmokeyt

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
I use iMovie for all of my videos

To improve your video quality, it may be that you need a better camera. If you are certain that the camera is not the problem, I would make sure that your editing software is exporting the video with a high resolution.

UhoohExtra

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Hi Eva, If your on a mac FCPX (Final Cut Pro X) is awesome. On PC maybe adobe Premier Pro. They can look daunting to learn but once you have made a simple video learning a few things along the way you will know a fair bit and the next ones will get better. You can always youtube an answer where you are stuck and watch a demo on whatever feature it is you want to learn. You don't need a fancy camera but you do need really good light if your filming with just a phone.

Reactions: darksmokeyt
Reaction score
Hey Eva,

All dependent if you use Mac or PC. iMovie is really simple and so is Final Cut Pro X for Macs.

Adobe Premiere and Sony Vegas are pretty simple (after watching a few Youtube tutorials). Just mess around with editing and have fun.

Eventually when you keep posting videos you'll get a schedule and your editing skills will increase.

Lemme know if you have any more questions. I've been editing for over 5+ years and I use Final Cut Pro X.

Kevin

Reactions: darksmokeyt