"Edit in Progress" How long?

Lin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
How long does it take for YouTube to finish editing the videos? What I mean is the Video Enhancement feature by YouTube (I really like it since it fixes up my lighting really well and brings out more color). My video is 16 MB and 3 minutes long. It has been "edit in progress" for like an hour now T__T

What are some factors that determine the speed? Server load? Or my video size?

KGATV

YASSS
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer
Mine usually takes a half an hour or so. So that's odd lol. Maybe YouTube is just running a bit slow.

Reactions: Root Beer

Lin

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It finally went though after like an hour and half >.< Thanks for replying! ^_^

Th3StuffShow

YTtalk Monster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It finally went though after like an hour and half >.< Thanks for replying! ^_^
Yeah it can take a while for the edits to kick in. Like you my average wait has been about and hour.

DannySisk

Reaction score
I have one that has been stuck in "edit in process" for over 24 hours now. And, it is the third time I've deleted and re-uploaded it. Now I have another one that has been stuck for about 4 hours. I submitted a post about it today and some folks here indicated that it can sometimes take days, or that it's a glitch, but I think something else could be going on as I have many vids over the last 6 months, and the edits never took longer than a few hours. Just feels like something has happened/changed. IDK

Last edited:
Reactions: Brooks Hogenauer

Brooks Hogenauer

Reaction score
The same thing has happened to me twice now, over 24 hours and just a simple thing like cropping has taken this long can someone help here?[DOUBLEPOST=1403449837,1403449691][/DOUBLEPOST]
I have one that has been stuck in "edit in process" for over 24 hours now. And, it is the third time I've deleted and re-uploaded it. Now I have another one that has been stuck for about 4 hours. I submitted a post about it today and some folks here indicated that it can sometimes take days, or that it's a glitch, but I think something else could be going on as I have many vids over the last 6 months, and the edits never took longer than a few hours. Just feels like something has happened/changed. IDK
Sorry My Reply is up there

ImJustAsBad

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
I didn't even know youtube had that functionality.

Diana

Reaction score
I, too. And it just happens that it's the only video where I've added audio (youtube audio track feature).

TA5

Hit your two hands together for TA5!!!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
Mine usually takes like 15 minutes :banghead:

But its probably because i have mostly only swapped the audio on the video :dance:

Glad you got it done fast :welldone: