Easy Microphone Choice

TickledBunny09090

I've Got It
Reaction score
I've been making videos for a little while now and have been rendering in 720p since the very start. However, despite having perfectly fine video quality, I hated listening to how I sounded on my old microphone, which sounded like crap. Having good video quality doesn't matter much when the audio quality drags it down. Because of this, I ordered myself a Blue Snowball - a USB microphone that was supposed to sound great. Unfortunately, I ran into compatibility issues with that microphone and could never get it to work.

Finally, I did a little research on USB condenser microphones. I was pretty greedy with what I wanted from the microphone - I wanted a great sounding microphone with a stand and a low price. I ended up finding the Samson C01U, which fit my needs perfectly. It was only $40.00 - an excellent price for a good microphone. I listened to some sound tests on Youtube to see if the microphone actually had good sound quality, or if it was just overpriced crap for sale to uninformed customers. I was so surprised by the quality in peoples' videos that I immediately thought the sound was edited and the videos were promoted by Samson. I was just going to wait and see what the microphone sounded like, and I wasn't going to get my hopes up.

Fortunately, when I got the Samson C01U, I plugged it in and was listening to my own voice immediately. The sound quality was just as impressive as in the tests I had watched, and I'm really glad that I made the purchase. Basically, I'm writing this to anyone wanting to buy a good quality microphone for cheap. Go on Youtube and search "Samson C01U test" or just check my latest couple of videos to listen to the quality. The microphone sounds superb and doesn't cost much - it's an easy pick if you're looking for a great microphone.

Also - get a pop filter.

Reactions: Truefolder

Socotra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, I also have a very cheap microphone. Only £15 in the UK and it has very good quality for a mic of it's price. Just goes to show that you don't have to spend a bucket-load of money to get a brilliant mic!

Reactions: SatchmoPLAY

TickledBunny09090

I've Got It
Reaction score
Yeah, I also have a very cheap microphone. Only £15 in the UK and it has very good quality for a mic of it's price. Just goes to show that you don't have to spend a bucket-load of money to get a brilliant mic!
Yeah, a lot of people think you have to spend a buttload of money to get a good microphone :p

Reactions: Socotra

Socotra

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Yeah, a lot of people think you have to spend a buttload of money to get a good microphone :p
Definitely not the case. People would be surprised how many mic's are brilliant quality and low in price!

Truefolder

Indie games enthusiast
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Great job on sharing the info, I'm sure it's going to be of value to anyone look. I actually never heard of this mic, nor of the company.

Blue Snowball is actually a very good microphone, but yes - only when you get it to work. I've been cursing this microphone for about a week while trying to get it working - it was a nightmare. However, while I still don't have it on 100% how I want it (due to Windows being a ******), it sounds really well. I got pretty good response on audio quality.

Feel free to post some videos here for people to take a listen at how it sounds!

bwochinski

Gaming and Goofing
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
Where'd you get the Samson Co1U for $40? Just from a bit of googling competitive prices seem to be $75-$80.

FOEGames

Remind Us Again Why We're Playing?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
awesome quality on that mic!! want to buy one ourselves! we use a full out condenser mic and record through an audio interface, but want to use a USB mic just so that there is no latency!

Reactions: SatchmoPLAY

Pearl

Sleepyhead~
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Gamer
Hey, man! Thanks for the recommendation! I actually just bought it via ebay. :bounce: