Easiest and Better? Rebranding or Starting Anew?

Bethanyjbee

Super Poster
Hey everyone,

Currently going through a head-dilemma and I'm thinking about re-branding myself from Hildandia to Bethbee - Is it easier and better to change everything on my current channel - or just make another one? Is there anything I won't be able to change on the old one?

Thanks in advance!

I think it's easier to just rebrand and make an announcement video about it so your subscribers know. That way, subscribers won't have to re-subscribe and many people can be lazy. Also, you won't have to reassociate your Adsense account (if you have one associated) or your partnership and you can keep making money off of old videos. *shrug* Just my thought.

I've tried restarting a new, and it is really hard. I mean obviously you'll know a few tricks and all, but it sucks because there isn't that new thrill. The beginning of starting a channel is slow, and since you've already been through that, it's not gonna be as fun the second time around if it was fun the first time around. Just keep the ball rolling, best not to lose momentum.
I started anew and I feel like I'm still playing catch up

The only thing you'd have to worry about is your channel username/link. So will it be stuck as YouTube.com/Hildandia or can it be youtube.com/Bethbee. Everything else should be pretty easy to change over.

I would say that rebranding is probably easier so your fans do not have to seek out your new channel and subscribe. However, if your fanbase is nonexistant (like mine - ha) do whatever you feel is most comfortable.

re-branding. being able to re-invent yourself is a key to success for tons of famous people in 'entertainment' (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, Madonna, etc).

Back