Eagle Logo: Thoughts?

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Looks good! shading and all are right, imo though, some of the lines could be cleaner :

edit : one more thing is, it's best not to use gradients on logos/mascots as it will not look so well scaled down or if they want to put it on t-shirts/merch

Reactions: Warhammer

Warhammer

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Looks good! shading and all are right, imo though, some of the lines could be cleaner :

edit : one more thing is, it's best not to use gradients on logos/mascots as it will not look so well scaled down or if they want to put it on t-shirts/merch
My thought exactly!

Reactions: AHelpfulGuy

LuiC

I sing and vlog stuff
Reaction score
Hey guys,

A whole new platform of design for me, Adobe Illustrator Vector art.

Anyway, A client came to me asking for an Eagle, Any thoughts on improvement and pricing? I know that there are people out there charging many time more than the £5 I charge.
So, How much would you pay for one?

View attachment 13441

Thanks,
Chris (Blockdesigns)
It reminds me of a football team. But I like it.
Though I wouldn't use it/buy it. At least not me anyway.
A gamer or a vlogger who does sports may need it. :)

JTMulcahy

Actor
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Comedian, Animator
I charge $250 minimum for a logo.
But that's corporate work.

Your work is good. Don't lowball yourself.
Charge around $40-$50 to youtubers and if you are looking forward to expand your business and offer services to bigger clients/businesses and even companies then start around with $150

I think his work is really good, at least this logo is, but $40-50?! That's a bit outrageous for a piece like this in my opinion. I could understand that for maybe later on once he finds more clients and gets his groove. Personally I would say $10-20 for something along this line, definitely don't short change yourself.

BlockDesigns

Moving Pictures Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
I think his work is really good, at least this logo is, but $40-50?! That's a bit outrageous for a piece like this in my opinion. I could understand that for maybe later on once he finds more clients and gets his groove. Personally I would say $10-20 for something along this line, definitely don't short change yourself.
I already have alot of clients, I agree thats too much though. At this current point in time, But my number of clients should soon top 100.[DOUBLEPOST=1382817759,1382817629][/DOUBLEPOST]
It reminds me of a football team. But I like it.
Though I wouldn't use it/buy it. At least not me anyway.
A gamer or a vlogger who does sports may need it. :)
It was made on commission, I didnt mean to sell that exact one, I meant a logo of that vector art AI style :)

Thanks for the advice :)[DOUBLEPOST=1382817846][/DOUBLEPOST]

I did the beak on purpose, But didnt notice the other 3 thanks :)
I put the gradient on in photoshop at the end, I was in 2 minds, Ill take it off if the client wants it on a t-shirt :)

Thanks for the advice :D

Reactions: JTMulcahy

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
With a designer, you don't pay for the piece, you pay for the skill and experience of the designer.

e.g A designer with 30 years experience could be commissioned to make a logo for a company for 400$ (the us average for corporate logos), now whether that is a simple font logo that took 20 minutes and the client liked straight off or a complicated logo that took 4 hours and the client wanted many things changed, they're both worth the 600$.[DOUBLEPOST=1382818576,1382818409][/DOUBLEPOST]
I did the beak on purpose
In which case the black and red strokes are both off as they should follow the path of the beak :)

Reactions: BlockDesigns

BlockDesigns

Moving Pictures Guy
Reaction score
Channel Type
Designer
With a designer, you don't pay for the piece, you pay for the skill and experience of the designer.

e.g A designer with 30 years experience could be commissioned to make a logo for a company for 400$ (the us average for corporate logos), now whether that is a simple font logo that took 20 minutes and the client liked straight off or a complicated logo that took 4 hours and the client wanted many things changed, they're both worth the 600$.[DOUBLEPOST=1382818576,1382818409][/DOUBLEPOST]

In which case the black and red strokes are both off as they should follow the path of the beak :)
Edited them all now, looks much cleaner! Thanks for the suggestions :)

Also edited the price on my site :)