Dumping videos to another channel?

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey - I am looking for advice please

I have several channels (5or6).

And I have recently started to upload Matchbox restoration videos to my original 12 year old channel with 7k+ subscribers although many of those subs have long gone. But I am already building a new/refreshed following.

This channel is(was) an automotive inspired channel so its in the same(ish) genre and any subs alive / coming from older content could find my latest offerings of interest.

So this is what I am considering.. (Because I want to rebrand this channel as Diecast restoration)
Is to download all my old videos (50+) and re-upload to one of my other channels.
I have an unused channel about Henry Hoover with 5 or 6 videos on it from 5+ years ago / And its at over 900 subscribers / about 2500 hours last 365 days.
I want to rebrand this channel to an Automotive theme / dump all my old automotive theme videos there (+ any new ones to suit). Id even leave the Hoover vidos intact. Of course I would expect to lose some Hoover subs but soon regain new automotive subs and shortly be at 1000 subs/4000hours to reapply monetisation. All this content is filmed by myself/edited by myself/nothing copyright etc. Its mainly 'Evergreen' content about car servicing / How to's etc

And delete everything that is not matchbox from my original channel. So the uploaded content will not be a duplicate (Unless already stolen from me elsewhere).

So does anyone know of any issues I could face or does this sound feasible?

Thanks

PhysicsFreak101

What a Gamer
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I would say to upload the old videos onto the Hoover channel twice a day, that was you get the most benefit. Other than that, I don't really see any problems other than maybe duplicate content, so before you upload the videos to your Hoover channel, you should delete them from your old channel.

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I suspect that you will be OK since the genre is similar, 'automotive/cars'. As to whether the channel will be harmed, there's no way to tell until you did it. I lose subscribers with every upload as many of my viewers have grown up and are not into toy cars anymore.

07.jpg

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Good luck with downlading files from Youtube if you don,t have originals. There are only lower quality files available. Not to mention a family video of me that got a 320 x (something) crappy resolution download option. Talking for a full HD file upload before buying backup drives. Lesson learned the hard way. Wish you better luck. But if you download and reupload and find someone else also done this, by uplooad date, the thief will have an older upload than yours. Also good luck claiming your work. Also a lesson learned the hard way.

Good luck!

markkaz

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Also, is it feasable? Even if you lose subscribers (as I mentioned above). That doesn't particularly mean that the channel will be harmed. After a 75% drop in views over the past two years, I recently changed my content strategy. I'm still losing subs with each new upload but at least my downturn has turned around...

04.jpg

EVO

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
@markkaz To be honest I have uploaded 4 videos now (Matchbox restoration) and have only gained subs/views/etc. So its all positive.
But I know I will gain much better momentum if I rebranded to 'EVOs Matchbox Restoration' (For Eaxmple) / changed my profile pic etc

I feel having non 'Matchbox restoration' may hurt viewers from jumping to my other restoration videos. (Because instead of another restoration video recomended, it may be me servicing an old BMW etc.)[DOUBLEPOST=1549447411,1549447000][/DOUBLEPOST]@videoeditgr What you mention is certainly what I fear. Today I cannot prove they are my videos as I never kept the originals. + some videos are 6/7+ years old.
To be honest, even if I cannot monetise any of these videos its no big deal. But I intend to continue uploading automotive videos, but again I dont want to upload them in between matchbox videos.

Hirudov

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Good luck with downlading files from Youtube if you don,t have originals. There are only lower quality files available. Not to mention a family video of me that got a 320 x (something) crappy resolution download option. Talking for a full HD file upload before buying backup drives. Lesson learned the hard way. Wish you better luck. But if you download and reupload and find someone else also done this, by uplooad date, the thief will have an older upload than yours. Also good luck claiming your work. Also a lesson learned the hard way.

Good luck!
This post can't be any wronger!

You can download your original files form YouTube in their original format
(even if it is 4K).

Last year after the new 1K subs/4K hours rule, I had to reupload several hundred videos to my stronger channel, and I did it very fast without any issues. There won't be duplication issues as long as you private/unlist/delete your older videos, before publishing the new. The only issue that you can have is with bandwidth (downloading/uploading terrabytes of videos was several weeks process for me) (edit) I guess it was relatively fast with only showstopper the speed of my Internet connection.

Last edited:

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
ehh if it kind of helps I follow some moto vloggers who have multiple channels...these moto vloggers are about 1mil - 2mill subs

they started an old channel way back and it died. They then made a separate channel 1 for offroading specifically and one for gaming specifically, which I think that was the original one. he started uploading the older videos from the dead channel to the new one.

Guessing because of his size, he has about 200k subs now within a few months and his offroad channel has 50k subs in 2 or 3 months. seems starting a new one was better for them; but these guys been YTing for over 10 years

Reactions: markkaz and EVO

videoeditgr

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I was just mentioned my bad experieces with full HD files. I dunno on 4K.
There are two ways to have your videos back if don't have the originals.
Either from google take out
Either from youtube studio.
Everything is downgraded even the custom thumbnails.

Make a fast simple experiment, go to a video in Youtube studio and select to download the custom thumbnain. There you go: you get a "maxresdefault" downgraded image of the actual thumb.
Although Youtube store and mention original file as e.g. "mycoolvideo.mpeg" you only get a lower size and info mp4 file if you choose to download your file.

Well, wrong or not this happened in my case.