Dumm YT account for inviting visitors

Loki Doki

Gaming Nerd and SEO Guru
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
forget whether you can get away with it, how about deciding if itsa right or not. just in case your not sure. NO. DON'T SPAM OTHER PEOPLES CHANNELS!

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
The problem is the chicken and the egg. What comes first? To get subs you need traffic. To get traffic you need subs and unsubbed viewers, which you won't get because you don't have traffic.

There are only a few ways to grow.

1. s4s (fake traffic, low retention, churn and burn, dangerous)
2. adwords (several months of expensive campaigns)
3. progressively target larger channels and build recommended traffic (channel shadowing)
4. external social (doesn't work for kids channels)
5. friends and family (low retention, not sustainable)
6. organic growth (really really slow, nothing may ever happen)
7. follow viral trends (can get lucky and have a hit, but have to offer a high value proposition)
8. create your own viral idea

That's pretty much it. Take your pick.

There are actually a number of Yt algos. There's search, recommended, & home page. You may want to target the search also (7) and if you can jump in quick enough on a new trend, you might get #2 or #3 position in search. Imagine the first "the floor is lava challenge" video. If you were #2 to execute that challenge, and then followed up with a few more, before all the big channels jumped in....

If you want to target the recommendation algo, look for (3). Pick 3 channels at 5k subs (that are growing in the last months or two), see what is causing them to grow and try to replicate with your own twist. Don't pick a 100k channel, pick a channel that you have a chance to be recommended on. Yt recommends in levels, if you look at the sidebar of a 1k sub channel you will see many other videos from small channels. If you look at the sidebar of ToysToSee you will likely never see a channel under 750k subs on there.
Great explanation and suggestions my friend! We would try number 3 this time. We already stopped doing (1) 8 months ago, tried (2, 4, and 5) but no luck with that. Right now we are doing (6) but it is really slow.

Derrick Toys

Happy Kids Happy Life!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I believe the parents and other tubers are supporting each other in subscribing (for kids channels). Kids usually aren't the ones to click subscribe so with this in mind, I wonder how we can reach out to parents and tubers in the same genre (outside this forum)

Lasersgo

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
The problem is the chicken and the egg. What comes first? To get subs you need traffic. To get traffic you need subs and unsubbed viewers, which you won't get because you don't have traffic.

There are only a few ways to grow.

1. s4s (fake traffic, low retention, churn and burn, dangerous)
2. adwords (several months of expensive campaigns)
3. progressively target larger channels and build recommended traffic (channel shadowing)
4. external social (doesn't work for kids channels)
5. friends and family (low retention, not sustainable)
6. organic growth (really really slow, nothing may ever happen)
7. follow viral trends (can get lucky and have a hit, but have to offer a high value proposition)
8. create your own viral idea

That's pretty much it. Take your pick.

There are actually a number of Yt algos. There's search, recommended, & home page. You may want to target the search also (7) and if you can jump in quick enough on a new trend, you might get #2 or #3 position in search. Imagine the first "the floor is lava challenge" video. If you were #2 to execute that challenge, and then followed up with a few more, before all the big channels jumped in....

If you want to target the recommendation algo, look for (3). Pick 3 channels at 5k subs (that are growing in the last months or two), see what is causing them to grow and try to replicate with your own twist. Don't pick a 100k channel, pick a channel that you have a chance to be recommended on. Yt recommends in levels, if you look at the sidebar of a 1k sub channel you will see many other videos from small channels. If you look at the sidebar of ToysToSee you will likely never see a channel under 750k subs on there.
This is EXCELLENT, but one question. How do you propose you find the other channels around your sub level or channels that are growing?

KiddieToysReview

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
This is EXCELLENT, but one question. How do you propose you find the other channels around your sub level or channels that are growing?
Look on the right sidebar suggested on some of your videos, there should be a few channels similar to your size. Go to their video, they in turn will have suggested spots from similar sized channels. That's one way. Then there's your channel home page, Yt recommends a few channels on that. Vidstatx lists the top channels by category and country I believe, drill down through videos on those channels and you'll see suggested. Basically just clicking through to many many video and channels, compiling a lists of category and sub levels and daily/monthly views. You'll build up a database and have a good idea who your competitors are. You can also do search, if you have a few videos in a particular topic based around certain keywords, search for those and look for uploads in the last few weeks and month, look for views under 10k, that would be from channels similar sized to yours.

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
But which account will get banned? Is it the dummy account or the account of your real channel?
His example included dummy youtube accounts and main instagram accounts. Considering youtube has no jurisdiction over instagram; they must've banned the dummy youtube accounts.

----------
Don't spam. There's more efficient ways of spamming. I knew people who had alt twitters that would follow a bunch of people, get some to follow back (like 12% in 24 hours) simply because you followed them, then the ones who followed back were hit up with auto DMs.

It got their subscriber count up but people of that nature tend to be burnt off fast with subscriber burn thus becoming inactive subscribers. So they had to keep doing this to have their views peak to like 125-200 views a video. Yeah you can build a sub count by spamming but it's about building a large active sub count if you want to be a success on this platform.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I believe the parents and other tubers are supporting each other in subscribing (for kids channels). Kids usually aren't the ones to click subscribe so with this in mind, I wonder how we can reach out to parents and tubers in the same genre (outside this forum)

But the big fail on this subbing scheme is that you will have dead subs. These guys mostly aims to get subs to get views but be careful because their views will reflect to your analytics wherein they do not fully watch your video it could be like up to 20sec to a minute which is not good and youtube also uses this data in promoting a channel. Check your audience retention views make sure to keep them more than 2minutes or so

Reactions: satiricals

satiricals

I've Got It
Reaction score
But the big fail on this subbing scheme is that you will have dead subs. These guys mostly aims to get subs to get views but be careful because their views will reflect to your analytics wherein they do not fully watch your video it could be like up to 20sec to a minute which is not good and youtube also uses this data in promoting a channel. Check your audience retention views make sure to keep them more than 2minutes or so
I forgot about the retention rate aspect in my post +1.

Depending on your content; you should be aiming for a certain retention rate. If you're making funny moments content you want at least 40% retention rate with a goal of 60% retention rate & you want your videos hitting active searches (at least the 3rd page; preferably 1st).

Other niches are going to set the bar for retention rates at different percentages.

Retention rates are not as simple as they seem though. It can also show where viewers tend to replay a video which looks great for you on the algorithms. If you're doing toy reviews and 35% of your viewers tend to replay the slow mo shot for that nerf gun toy then that looks really engaging to youtube. Add that on top of a good retention rate whereever the bar is set & get a good position in the search data for that toy and you got a good shot at growing that brand.

The less production and post production values content needs; the more saturated it is going to be with content producers. UNLESS it is an undiscovered niche and you are skilled enough in SEO to capture all active search terms before someone notices what you're doing & swoops in to capture part of the market (audience) you're creating.