Don'ts of Self Promoting in Yt Comments

CoolMoo5

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Promoting yourself in the comments is kind of getting annoying. If you want to promote yourself in the comments, I highly suggest you look at these rule I made up. These are just my opinion so don't take them too seriously. Just know that I will not check out or subscribe to your channel if you do these things.

Don'ts of Self Promoting in Comments

1. Don't comment if you don't have any videos. I kept seeing this one guy comment telling people to check out his channel, but there were no videos. I bookmarked his channel and four months later, still no videos.

2. Don't say "I make videos similar to ___, unless it is true" This one person commented on a vloggers channel, saying they make similar content, but they were a minecraft channel.

3. Don't create fake accounts to thumbs or up comment on your comments. This one is obvious and eventually people find out. I've seen a few of these.

4. Don't comment saying to check out your channel if you haven't made a video in months. If you haven't made a video in 3 months, you shouldn't be spend time commenting to get viewers. Instead, spend time making a new video.

5. Don't comment if there is a video on your channel, saying "I don't care about the numbers." This makes you a hypocrite. There is this one YouTuber who has a few thousand subscribers but still has the need to comment. However, on a couple videos he says he isn't it for a lot of subs and doesn't care how many subs he gets. hmmmm.

6. Don't forget to proofread your comment. This one should be a rule if you making any comment on a YouTube video in general.

7. Don't comment on smaller Youtubers channels with for sole intent of self promotion. If they have under 100,000 subs chances are they read every single comment, I think it insulting to do this to smaller channels. Just the other day, a person commented to check out their channel and they had more subs then the person they were commenting on.

8. Don't apologize, if you were really sorry you wouldn't do it. No need to say sorry, when you know you aren't.

9. Don't expect that you will gain a million subscribers overnight just from self-promoting via comments. You might gain a few, but it won't be that many.

10. Don't resort the comments as the only way to grow your channel. There are plenty of other ways to grow your channel like collabs, social media, better titles, tags, and thumbnails, or just making quality content.

Tell me what you think. Do you find these helpful?

Perro V

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Ranter, Comedian

Epicurus

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
very good tips. Very nice post especially number 8. If you going to comment on someone video do the decent thing and make your comment about what they have uploaded...

VanCityVideo

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Don't put links to your videos. People do that in my comments sometimes and it's immediately filtered as spam by default.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV

ProfKranc

Voice actor and Film-maker here to help :-D
Reaction score
Channel Type
Director
This is really helpful! I don't really self promote that much, but with this...... I maaaay give it a try :D

Reactions: NIP

Quivonte

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm pretty new on youtube but i really dread the fact that i possibly have to do this, because I know one day my time will come and all i have to do is be patient and people will notice what I'm trying to do on my channel, but I think that is also the problem alot of people on youtube don't have the patient and the willingness to "Grind it out" and i think that's part of the issue

MinecraftLegaxy

Reaction score
TBH, I'm thinking of doing this myself. Yes ik its kinda wrong to cash of others success, but my channel growth has just been very bad recently and I want my channel growing. Also, many of the current youtubers did this method to gain subscribers as well.

Reactions: BillyVlogsTV