Don't worry about the Content ID Matches

GaMerdav

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
In an article released couple of hours ago by a YouTube representative he stated that this ID matches only effect Affiliate partners of the MCN's. This means that if Networks have implemented the managed partners thing earlier we would have not been in this much of a trouble. So again I urge Networks to make their partners managed as soon as possible because if this does not happen soon all the videos are going to be claimed by third party matches.

Here is the whole article:

A YouTube spokesperson has clarified the firm's stance in a statement to press. "We recently enabled Content ID scanning on channels identified as affiliates of MCNs [Multi Channel Networks]," said the rep to Polygon.

"This has resulted in new copyright claims for some users, based on policies set by the relevant content owners," they added.

According to YouTube user reports, however, an alarming number of copyright claims are flagged from companies that don't appear to own or be related to the content. Additionally, a number of large game publishers have said they are not responsible for the recent onslaught of copyright claims.

Publishers including Blizzard, Capcom, Ubisoft and Deep Silver have spoken out in support of affected YouTubers, urging them to file disputes so that they they may be resolved.

YouTube also advises users to file disputes. "As ever, channel owners can easily dispute Content ID claims if they believe those claims are invalid," said the YouTube rep.

OppaiSama

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Well well well. That's good. xD (if you're managed)

GafferGames

YTTalk's Local Sloth
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator
In fairness, the fact that people like Ubisoft, Capcom, and even YouTube themselves acknowledge that YouTubers are an excellent source of advertising for the game industry (see that Nintendo?), that's a good sign!
Also, just to clarify, but if there's anyone out there who somehow thinks it hasn't got out of hand, someone copywrited one of Dan from Nerd³'s videos, where the video was just a picture of his logo...

omgurheadsgone

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
In an article released couple of hours ago by a YouTube representative he stated that this ID matches only effect Affiliate partners of the MCN's. This means that if Networks have implemented the managed partners thing earlier we would have not been in this much of a trouble. So again I urge Networks to make their partners managed as soon as possible because if this does not happen soon all the videos are going to be claimed by third party matches.

Here is the whole article:

A YouTube spokesperson has clarified the firm's stance in a statement to press. "We recently enabled Content ID scanning on channels identified as affiliates of MCNs [Multi Channel Networks]," said the rep to Polygon.

"This has resulted in new copyright claims for some users, based on policies set by the relevant content owners," they added.

According to YouTube user reports, however, an alarming number of copyright claims are flagged from companies that don't appear to own or be related to the content. Additionally, a number of large game publishers have said they are not responsible for the recent onslaught of copyright claims.

Publishers including Blizzard, Capcom, Ubisoft and Deep Silver have spoken out in support of affected YouTubers, urging them to file disputes so that they they may be resolved.

YouTube also advises users to file disputes. "As ever, channel owners can easily dispute Content ID claims if they believe those claims are invalid," said the YouTube rep.
Yea but, and sorry to be the barer of bad news, it's likely that 99.9% of the users on YTTalk are going to be affiliates...

Reactions: Crown

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Yea but, and sorry to be the barer of bad news, it's likely that 99.9% of the users on YTTalk are going to be affiliates...
Exactly what I was going to say. It makes no difference when they made thes changes because only the very big channels will have the luxury of being managed anyway. Being managed means the network is prepared to take a hit for one of their partners in case of copyright issues. They will only do that in cases where the money they can earn from that channel makes it worth their while.

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
MCNs arn't just gonna make all partners managed...

After a recent YouTube announcement to MCNs, I'd say even Curse won't now.

Gavin80001

Reaction score
Machinima, Curse, Polaris, and Omnia offer immediate to manage your channel if you join them.
Order is best:
1. Omnia (Only if you get 500k-1 million+ views a month)
2. Polaris (also known as TGS)
3. Curse (this would be number one if you're barely popular)
4. Mashitima. (I definitely don't recommend this s*it network)

AHelpfulGuy

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Machinima, Curse, Polaris, and Omnia offer immediate to manage your channel if you join them.
Order is best:
1. Omnia (Only if you get 500k-1 million+ views a month)
2. Polaris (also known as TGS)
3. Curse (this would be number one if you're barely popular)
4. Mashitima. (I definitely don't recommend this s*it network)
TheRadBrad, GhostRobo and Tetraninga who have 100s of 1000s of sub were complaining about being affiliate yesterday and they're with Machinima...

Gavin80001

Reaction score
TheRadBrad, GhostRobo and Tetraninga who have 100s of 1000s of sub were complaining about being affiliate yesterday and they're with Machinima...
I said I didn't recommend the network for a reason. 1. the requirements to join AND be managed is high as hell. But Curse is good for people who are noobies somewhat.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I said I didn't recommend the network for a reason. 1. the requirements to join AND be managed is high as hell. But Curse is good for people who are noobies somewhat.
Your post made it look you were saying they are offering immediate managed status regardless of size. I think that's why @AHelpfulGuy quoted those numbers :)