Dont quit YouTube, Dont SUB4SUB (small youtubers)

Wahduhhec

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
If your starting youtube to try to make money, DONT DO IT! You are not going to get anywhere with that mentality, every youtuber that has "made" it off of youtube put in hard work and started off with nothing just like a small youtuber. DEFF NOT DOING SUB4SUB either. Many people prob already discussed it. But I feel as if this shouldnt even be an issue and nothing but a goal for content creators because thats what they do... CREATE. Get these sub4sub people out of here and let real creators show their hard work.

LIVEst

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter
Agree! Sometimes sub4sub is not very bad if you do it in your niche and maybe will attract real watchers of your content. But random sub4sub is total nonsense. I would like to keep my news feed clear.

Switchbox

Give me your food
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Vlogger, Gamer, Commentator, Other
Agree! Sometimes sub4sub is not very bad if you do it in your niche and maybe will attract real watchers of your content. But random sub4sub is total nonsense. I would like to keep my news feed clear.
It will give you dead subscribers regardless of the niche you are in.

Fissshie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Whilst I do not like the new update I have to be optimistic to always continue. So I just want to say this: I like (a bit) of the update. It helps weed out the people who are only aiming to get big on YouTube for money and for those that actually try to succeed in their goals. Whether that's fame or other reasons, like my own where I try to do YouTube to improve my social and editing skills. The ones who are already leaving just shows what their full intention was in the first place. As people have always said in this line of work: if you only aim for money you're not going to succeed.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Whilst I do not like the new update I have to be optimistic to always continue. So I just want to say this: I like (a bit) of the update. It helps weed out the people who are only aiming to get big on YouTube for money and for those that actually try to succeed in their goals. Whether that's fame or other reasons, like my own where I try to do YouTube to improve my social and editing skills. The ones who are already leaving just shows what their full intention was in the first place. As people have always said in this line of work: if you only aim for money you're not going to succeed.
Totally agree with this and this is coming from someone who has only 19 Subscribers. I can only speak for myself and my colleagues who work so hard on our podcast that we do it for the love of film. I'd rather have 19 people who are interested in what we do than 100 who are "dead" subscribers. I'm happy with this announcement from YouTube. It's time to let the creators have their platform back.

Reactions: LIVEst and Fissshie

JBR27

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Sub for Sub is the most useless approach to take in obtaining any success with YouTube. How often does the subscriber you subbed and subbed to you actually watch your videos and comments. Pretty much for a day or two and then they are now just a number.

The best subscribers are the ones who are actually interested in your content/channel, that consistently watch your videos and actually interact with you. They are the people you want around as that audience is the real audience you want. Just work hard and success will come. YouTube is a hard world sometimes but dedication and hard work is how it is done :)

Fissshie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Totally agree with this and this is coming from someone who has only 19 Subscribers. I can only speak for myself and my colleagues who work so hard on our podcast that we do it for the love of film. I'd rather have 19 people who are interested in what we do than 100 who are "dead" subscribers. I'm happy with this announcement from YouTube. It's time to let the creators have their platform back.
For definite. I've always wanted to gain some pocket money from YouTube however. But I wasn't going to get much anymore so I pretty much have nothing to lose anyway. I can understand bigger creators but for me this (money problem) does not conflict much.

Reactions: Wahduhhec

xingcat

Be good to self.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I've seen a ton of panicked smaller channels saying they'll "beat the system" with a lot of sub4sub nonsense, but it never worked in the old system, the fact that the new system is stricter doesn't make sense that suddenly sub4sub would work.

Fissshie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I've seen a ton of panicked smaller channels saying they'll "beat the system" with a lot of sub4sub nonsense, but it never worked in the old system, the fact that the new system is stricter doesn't make sense that suddenly sub4sub would work.
To tell you the truth, when I came onto the post the first time I did not really notice anything about fighting with a "sub4sub" system. It never worked and it still won't, as already mentioned. Personally, the "fighting" is very childish. Whilst I do not like (much) of the new changes either, there are many alternative uploading websites that give you the same advantage, if not more; such as Twitch's video feature. In my opinion, this "fight" (or whatever you want to call it) just shows how negative the YouTube community which gives a better reflection onto those who have better judgement on the site.

Altogether, I pretty much agree with what you just said.

Cassarilla

I've Got It
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Channel Type
Cartoonist
Yeah, sub4sub really doesn't seem all that helpful. I'm going to agree with much of what has been said. I'd rather have less subscribers who really like my content, than "dead" subscribers. On the flip side of that sub4sub would seriously crowd out your subscription box where you'd miss new videos from the creators you truly enjoy. It's a lose/lose situation.