Don't give up

born2sail

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
Thank you for your words @Darren Taylor ! I think YouTube is the most challenging social media platform. On Instagram you put a photo on and instantly get a few likes and if you put a photo up every day you will grow very fast. On the other side you have YouTube, you put so much time into these videos, trying to improve and then these videos get less view time than you spend filming them. Kind of frustrating in the beginning.

But I think if you keep on filming and slowly getting views, likes and subscribers, then it will pay off and you will feel much better because you know how hard it was to get there. Nothing worth reaching is earned easily!

NotZach

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Director, Comedian, Gamer
Thanks for this. Been on youtube for 10 years or so now with multiple channels. Growth is still growth!

Shayde

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's refreshing to hear that slow growth is still good. I think people sometimes can lose faith in themselves, but they've got to remember that it's not a race.

Not everyone will grow fast and not everyone will have success at the end of the line. But remaining positive and enjoying what you do will make it a less tedious grind.

Thanks for the encouragement!! Good luck in your journey :)

ArianeMarie

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I love this! Congratulations to your growth, that's fantastic!

Tengri

Reaction score
Website
Tumbnail.com
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Designer
Keep going, make changes and always improve. Congratulations!

Demetrius

Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
This is great advice not only for YouTube but also for any area of life that you hope to excel at! Great message, thanks for sharing.

kurtislee09

Reaction score
I'm not sure when to give up and when not to. I own 2 channels, one does flight reviews and the other focuses on my daily lives (more like a vlog). The former is an older one (1 year at least) and the latter is a new one (2-day old). The one that does flight reviews has tiny continuous growth however the newer one has 0 growth (0 view and subs). I'm just curious when will my first view come? How long should I wait for my first view until I think there's something wrong with the channel?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I agree 100% and I have experienced the exact same with my channel. Things go up at things go dowm and sometimes it feels like nothing happens at all and it sucks big time:) But sometimes the exact oposite happens -You see daily growth and increase in comments and views and some of your videos get wind, and you got to aim for these days :up2: So I second, NEVER give up :) Have a nice weekend Youtubers

Quirkypoo

Reaction score
Thank you for the motivation. I’ve just recently started to make videos again and realised that I need to do it because I find it fun! Not for other people’s judgement. I used to let people unsubscribing and disliking my videos effect my mood but I’ve learnt to let it go and just enjoy it.

Keep up the good work everyone and the subs/likes will come with it! :)