Don't EVER Buy a Kodak Playsport Zx5 or ANY CAMERA From Best Buy

SpecialFester

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
The Sony Playsport Zx5 is a very popular model of pocket/"flip" cam. It has good video quality and stills and is inexpensive. Unfortunately there is a MAJOR manufacturer defect with this line of camera and unfortunately it seems to have affected A TON of them. Mine being one of them. Kodak has admitted this and even posted a firmware update on their site but it doesn't fix the problem for many people. The camera will freeze upon turning it on making it unusable.

I purchased this from Best Buy, and despite this being a well known and admitted defect, they will not do anything for me even tho I very recently purchased the item.

Never buy a Kodak (there won't be many left anyways since they stopped making cameras this year) and never buy from Best Buy. Just go with Amazon. Half the price for double the service.

It's no wonder Kodak went out of business and no wonder Best Buy is nearly there.

Thought I would share this so no one else in the videomaking community gets burned.

Rhinocat

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I try not to buy any Sony products outside of the PlayStation that thing really was a blu-ray player and a shiny object to collect dust. Sorry to hear about your camera trouble man :(

SpecialFester

Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I actually meant a Kodak Playsport, it's Kodak not Sony. My bad.