Doing YouTube just for fun & Music over vids.

BanterDays

Liking YTtalk
Our channel BanterDays is just a couple of mates mucking around and we decided to start the channel as we always manage to do stupid stuff. So now we video most things we do as something funny always happens and we don't miss the moment as we always capture them now. We were lucky enough to see my brother stuff up a backflip in the lounge room aha.

But I just want to know if anyone just does YouTube for fun and a laugh?
Also if putting music over most videos will be fine in the long run of the channel?

Like we don't care about money, subscribers and stuff as we just want to show our friends and family the stupidity we get up too. Its life and we live it too the fullest.

Congrats on the channel! Is the music copyrighted or is it royalty-free. If you keep using copyrighted music, your channel can get flagged.

Initially it's all for fun and games but once you start to be serious, the want for fame and money comes in.

Happens to almost everybody out there. Back when I started, it was unedited footage but over time, I had a fanbase so I decided to step up my game.

Rarely will you video get flagged for copyright music nowadays. Usually if you use copyrighted music they will monetize your video and take the money made off of it. But on the bright side you still get to keep your video with good music. Not many people do YouTube for fun nowadays, so I think its awesome that you are! :D

Initially it's all for fun and games but once you start to be serious, the want for fame and money comes in.

Happens to almost everybody out there. Back when I started, it was unedited footage but over time, I had a fanbase so I decided to step up my game.
I had an old channel that I took serious but now I am really using this to improve my skills to help my future down a marketing pathway.

Well say in a years time if we do somehow get some fame what is needed to be done if there is copyright claims?[DOUBLEPOST=1485828973,1485828899][/DOUBLEPOST]
Rarely will you video get flagged for copyright music nowadays. Usually if you use copyrighted music they will monetize your video and take the money made off of it. But on the bright side you still get to keep your video with good music. Not many people do YouTube for fun nowadays, so I think its awesome that you are! :D
The past month has been insane as the adventures we have been on and all the stupid stuff we do.

Everything we do we get to look back on and enjoy.

I had an old channel that I took serious but now I am really using this to improve my skills to help my future down a marketing pathway.

Well say in a years time if we do somehow get some fame what is needed to be done if there is copyright claims?

That touchy subject we all hate. Now copyright claims are very difficult to handle with because of numerous gray areas.

You could be using a supposedly royalty-free and suddenly BAM! I got that before and sadly that's mostly undisputable because there could be some hidden licensing. The safest option would go for copyright-free databases, such as Kevin MacLeod's Incompetech, Bensound and NCS.

The gameplay is another matter. While such claims are less frequent, make sure the developers have no restrictions on recording. But rest assured they won't have that because of free advertising.

Last but not least, b******t claims. If you were to record some tomfoolery with your phone and a music library claim comes down from nowhere, feel free to dispute it to hell.

I certainly use my channel for fun. I don't view this as a stepping stones to more subscribers. Instead I view my channel as a safe place in which I can create, share my music, and document a monumental time of my life. And the subscribers I do gain I am grateful to communicate with and be a part of a small community who shares my interests and passions.

If you have questions about copyright and music you should watch the video on Tessa Violet's channel "Music Copyright Explained". It is quick and easy to understand and extremely helpful!

Best of luck!

I certainly use my channel for fun. I don't view this as a stepping stones to more subscribers. Instead I view my channel as a safe place in which I can create, share my music, and document a monumental time of my life. And the subscribers I do gain I am grateful to communicate with and be a part of a small community who shares my interests and passions.

If you have questions about copyright and music you should watch the video on Tessa Violet's channel "Music Copyright Explained". It is quick and easy to understand and extremely helpful!

Best of luck!
Thanks I will check that video out. Right now I am not overly worried to be honest as we are just having fun aha.

We have I think like 5 subscribers and 2 of them we currently have been talking to on a regular basis and barely anything to do with YouTube. Its good fun :)

Thanks I will check that video out. Right now I am not overly worried to be honest as we are just having fun aha.

We have I think like 5 subscribers and 2 of them we currently have been talking to on a regular basis and barely anything to do with YouTube. Its good fun :)
That is my favorite part! Even though I have a low number of subscribers I still communicate with them rather frequently. It is a great tool just to build connections!

Our channel BanterDays is just a couple of mates mucking around and we decided to start the channel as we always manage to do stupid stuff. So now we video most things we do as something funny always happens and we don't miss the moment as we always capture them now. We were lucky enough to see my brother stuff up a backflip in the lounge room aha.

But I just want to know if anyone just does YouTube for fun and a laugh?
Also if putting music over most videos will be fine in the long run of the channel?

Like we don't care about money, subscribers and stuff as we just want to show our friends and family the stupidity we get up too. Its life and we live it too the fullest.
You can put music in your videos as long as it's not copyrighted. if your going to use some songs that are copyrighted you have to check the list on YouTube it will show you what songs you can use. You can't monetize that video with a copyrighted song in it.
I think it's a good thing that you don't care about the money and you're just doing it for fun that shows you are passionate about making videos instead of worrying about fame.

Back