Doing Reviews!

TheFrostTee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm going to be doing some reviews! I'll give my honest opinion on everyone all I hope is that you don't get butt hurt. If you have the time to check me that be great also :)

Last edited:

Pixel Playground

I've Got It
Reaction score
First off, your art and banner is fantastic. Very stylish and fits your name. Your audio and video quality is superb. Your commentary is very enthusiastic, which is a good thing. You have a very distinctive personality that sets you apart from others. One suggestion is to put your FT logo (it is unique and recognizable) on all of your thumbnails, so that people associate your videos with your channel.

Could you take a look at my channel? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!

TheFrostTee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
First off, your art and banner is fantastic. Very stylish and fits your name. Your audio and video quality is superb. Your commentary is very enthusiastic, which is a good thing. You have a very distinctive personality that sets you apart from others. One suggestion is to put your FT logo (it is unique and recognizable) on all of your thumbnails, so that people associate your videos with your channel.

Could you take a look at my channel? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks!
Very good Ideal I'll have to go through and do that...and of course I'll do that right now!(give me like 10 minutes and I'll come back with edit on this post)

Review:
Pixel Playground

Graphics: Banner wise I like your logo and how it is tetris themed, though I think you could maybe add a few more details to make your idea take up the whole banner. Instead of the majority of it just being that black and blue spiral (that is just my own preference though not necessity). I do like how your profile picture fits that theme though and the brand your going for. I love the fact that you incorporate your logo on each thumbnail you make. I would suggest though that you maybe try to make your thumbnails different colors for each playlist you have going. That way it is easier for your subscribers to help differentiate through your playlists. Like instead of one being black/red maybe have one playlist be red/yellow etc…

Audio: Is pretty good sometimes I get the feeling it is really loud. That also could just be my computer I dunno. But I don’t get the sense that there is any sort of background noise. Though at one point in one of the videos I’m sure I can hear one of you rubbing their legs or something XD. Other than that there is good commentary of the games. Some parts are humorous in your let’s plays, while others could you some more interaction between the two of you. However, I do like the fact that on all the video’s I watch they were dual comms. Which is a unique thing to have as a channel there being two people seperates you guys from the other commentators. (First time I’ve seen anyone do all their video’s like that)

Visually: I do like your intro. One thing I haven’t decided on if I like to much is the video not being the full length of the screen. So that could go either way and based on my own personal preference I’d rather be able to see the whole game without the cover being there.

I hope this helped overall I liked your channel. And got the feeling it was one based on more retro games which fits the brand you have in your logo.

Last edited:

3lod

I've Got It
Reaction score
In regards to your channel, the Audio and commentary is great! The audio quality is fantastic, and the commentary is interesting!

The Graphics on your channel are nice too! I like your Avatar, but you banner seems to be a bit blurry / choppy. Is it the right size?

In regards to your visuals, I noticed on some of your videos that you used an intro template. Some of them are cool, but I would generally stay away from them, as everybody can use then, and they arent too unique.

Overall though, I think you have a great channel going, and you should stick to what you're doing!

Epic12

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'd love you to check mine and I'll check you after. :)

TheFrostTee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
In regards to your channel, the Audio and commentary is great! The audio quality is fantastic, and the commentary is interesting!

The Graphics on your channel are nice too! I like your Avatar, but you banner seems to be a bit blurry / choppy. Is it the right size?

In regards to your visuals, I noticed on some of your videos that you used an intro template. Some of them are cool, but I would generally stay away from them, as everybody can use then, and they arent too unique.

Overall though, I think you have a great channel going, and you should stick to what you're doing!
I'm not sure lol on mine it isn't blurry and I had someone size it right so not sure on the banner. Now I def agree I need to get a new intro and am actually in the process of having someone make one. Thanks for the review!

im in the process of checking yours out now[DOUBLEPOST=1394830557,1394829355][/DOUBLEPOST]
Review: The EpicmanLives 12

Graphics: Your banners background looks really good and I like it and I do like the cloud/fog effect coming out from the bottom. One thing I did notice was the slant in your font. If it’s meant to be that way then cool, if not it’s slanted XD. Your profile pic fits very well with the theme and brand of your banner so all good is there. One thing I do suggest you improve on (and I have the same issue) is editing your thumbnails a bit. There are some really good ones in there (ex. The dev tycoon ones), while there are a few where either the font is a bit difficult to read so you should try making it easier to read like pop out maybe a bit more. Something I def suggest which would be interesting and I think I’m going to do myself. Is make a special thumbnail for your channel updates instead of just using your profile pic, but that is just personal preference.

Audio: I watched around 2 minutes of 3 different videos to get a general idea of how your audio sounds. You have great audio quality as far as your mic, so there are no concerns there. Sometimes there are background noises, but none that are annoying and none that are like the static/buzzing sound.

Visuals: Your intro is great and sets you apart it is the first intro I have seen like that so good job there. One thing I do suggest with your channel updates series, try to have some game play in the background instead of just your pic. Primarily because people will lose interest staring at just a picture, so if you could find a pc game or even some small minecraft episodes to commentate over with those that would be perfect.

Commentary: You are well spoken and present yourself very well. Sometimes you might need to increase your enthusiasm a little bit to try to hook your viewers in within the first five seconds. That doesn’t mean going over the top with it just more so conveying yourself in that excited enthusiastic manner. Another thing I notice which a lot of commentators need to improve on (myself included) is to try not to repeat words such as the phrase “ummm”. You seem to use ummm a lot if you can try to remove that your commentaries will greatly improve.

Overall: You are heading in the right direction just need to improve on a few things and it’ll take you a long way. I know in my commentaries I say a few transition words over and over, which to a viewer is probably annoying. Just keep up the good work![DOUBLEPOST=1394830656][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to mention in your video description incorporate those social media links to promote ways to connect yourself to your audience in one of the videos you didnt have any of those links

Epic12

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I'm not sure lol on mine it isn't blurry and I had someone size it right so not sure on the banner. Now I def agree I need to get a new intro and am actually in the process of having someone make one. Thanks for the review!

im in the process of checking yours out now[DOUBLEPOST=1394830557,1394829355][/DOUBLEPOST]
Review: The EpicmanLives 12

Graphics: Your banners background looks really good and I like it and I do like the cloud/fog effect coming out from the bottom. One thing I did notice was the slant in your font. If it’s meant to be that way then cool, if not it’s slanted XD. Your profile pic fits very well with the theme and brand of your banner so all good is there. One thing I do suggest you improve on (and I have the same issue) is editing your thumbnails a bit. There are some really good ones in there (ex. The dev tycoon ones), while there are a few where either the font is a bit difficult to read so you should try making it easier to read like pop out maybe a bit more. Something I def suggest which would be interesting and I think I’m going to do myself. Is make a special thumbnail for your channel updates instead of just using your profile pic, but that is just personal preference.

Audio: I watched around 2 minutes of 3 different videos to get a general idea of how your audio sounds. You have great audio quality as far as your mic, so there are no concerns there. Sometimes there are background noises, but none that are annoying and none that are like the static/buzzing sound.

Visuals: Your intro is great and sets you apart it is the first intro I have seen like that so good job there. One thing I do suggest with your channel updates series, try to have some game play in the background instead of just your pic. Primarily because people will lose interest staring at just a picture, so if you could find a pc game or even some small minecraft episodes to commentate over with those that would be perfect.

Commentary: You are well spoken and present yourself very well. Sometimes you might need to increase your enthusiasm a little bit to try to hook your viewers in within the first five seconds. That doesn’t mean going over the top with it just more so conveying yourself in that excited enthusiastic manner. Another thing I notice which a lot of commentators need to improve on (myself included) is to try not to repeat words such as the phrase “ummm”. You seem to use ummm a lot if you can try to remove that your commentaries will greatly improve.

Overall: You are heading in the right direction just need to improve on a few things and it’ll take you a long way. I know in my commentaries I say a few transition words over and over, which to a viewer is probably annoying. Just keep up the good work![DOUBLEPOST=1394830656][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to mention in your video description incorporate those social media links to promote ways to connect yourself to your audience in one of the videos you didnt have any of those links
Thanks so much! All that you've said is exactly what I think too, so thanks for making me totally now believe I need to do these things, I'll get to it!

BurningHeavy

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Lower the game volume a tich, kind of hard to hear you. You also have the same problem I do, when you talk loud there is feedback. Easy way to fix that is to tweak mic settings. I'm fiddling with mine 1-2 times a week. Another thing, your intro log is a tich long. Look at mine, it lasts 3-4 seconds. Much longer than that and people are saying GET ON WITH IT! Look at totalbiscuit, it says epic, shows his name and the brittish flag and is done, 2 seconds. It looks cool and I like it, you just kept it on the screen too long.

Reactions: TheFrostTee

TheFrostTee

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Lower the game volume a tich, kind of hard to hear you. You also have the same problem I do, when you talk loud there is feedback. Easy way to fix that is to tweak mic settings. I'm fiddling with mine 1-2 times a week. Another thing, your intro log is a tich long. Look at mine, it lasts 3-4 seconds. Much longer than that and people are saying GET ON WITH IT! Look at totalbiscuit, it says epic, shows his name and the brittish flag and is done, 2 seconds. It looks cool and I like it, you just kept it on the screen too long.
Def agree with you on the intro. I'm in the process now of getting a new one made hopefully. I have been concerned that the game was to loud so have been lowering that with each video I make so thank you for that feedback. And that was the first I was hearing of the mic feedback I'll have to mess around with it. Thanks for the advice!