Doing a giveaway

MissKirngle

Reaction score
I am thinking doing a giveaway for subscribers, has anyone ever done and does youtube ban for doing them. Ive never done one. Thanks x

Tink

Reaction score
They don't ban you but I have seen a few beauty gurus do give-aways and their videos have been removed. They are partners though so I am not sure if it is them that are not allowed to it.

Reactions: Ellie

Ellie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Ive seen the same happen people will do give aways and they get thousands of views and youtube removes them i think its because its intising them to view the video to get something and theyre not allowed to put ads on them so it might just be if you are a partner.

StevenBridges

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Philip Defranco does give-aways all the time and he is a partner. I don't see what the problem would be. It's a way for more people to view your content so I can't imagine YouTube objecting. You might have to look through the Terms and Conditions to find out.

Michael

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
what is a give away i didn't get it ??? :confused:
A giveaway is giving something to a YouTube member for free, for example you could have a competition, whoever answers your question correct wins a free iPad 2, lots of people will of course view the video wanting the iPad2 and whoever wins it is sent out to them.

Neakiaro

Banned
Reaction score
Well, you dont get banned. I never have, anyway. This Christmas, I am giving away a Black Magic intensity pro, I've decided really. Already ordered it.

Andrey358

Reaction score
I'm doing a giveaway in one of my channels. It is about be subscriber and make a comment in this month videos and you can win a Fire poi (the channel is for fire spinners). Here how we pick the winner for the last two months:

I don't think that youtube removes the videos with giveaways, may be the youtubers remove them when the giveaway is done?

KeXHD

Chilled Dude
Reaction score
I think that giveaways are pretty legit on youtube...
I have seen a lot of them, so I don`t think that Youtube should ban them.