Does youtube drop videos from the algorithm if its claimed?

Leishua

Reaction score
YTtalk,

If i have a copyright claim on my video, is technically earning money but not by me. I need to know though. Does it affect my viewership to have a claim? I know demonitization of a video will affect the viewership as it no longer makes money but would it affect if i have a copyright claim that doesn't block it in any country?

Dave2017

Get The Picture?
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
One should think so but I´m not sure

Leishua

Reaction score
i find it sorta hard to tell, i have videos with claims that did better than my vids without claims. But i've been told claims hurt my videos but yet some continue to grow consistently after years. I just want to be sure.

wchap001

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
YTtalk,

If i have a copyright claim on my video, is technically earning money but not by me. I need to know though. Does it affect my viewership to have a claim? I know demonitization of a video will affect the viewership as it no longer makes money but would it affect if i have a copyright claim that doesn't block it in any country?
no my videos that have copy right claims are still getting views every so often. started off at 100 views, now its close to 300 1 month later

Tito Tims Videos

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
"They" say at YT that monetization or not, does not affect promotion. Totally separate systems. I do not believe them fro a second! My monetized vids get way more views than my non-monetized ones. I would assume it is from the amount of promotion (I could be wrong).

It seems to me the claimed vids get promoted more. I have a 20 vid playlist on building my house. One vid is claimed by BMG for a short section of some pop song the construction workers were listening to. That vid has almost 10 times the views of any others in the playlist?! Looks like it gets promoted more by who claims it. Not a scientific study... just my experience. '

But it still counts as channel views, and channel interaction - which does help my channel.

Reactions: Leishua