Does Youtube Actually...

Chromatic

Reaction score
Does Youtube Actually Grant Re-Monetization after the "30 Day Suspension period" for Channels that receive this notice?:
────────

Email:

Channel "Monetization" Status/Area:

───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────

This happened to a channel of mine.

The Backstory... is I received my first 2 copyright strikes ever (June 2018) and it freaked me out (as it should).. So I removed all videos on the channel (150+) from people being able to watch them. I made them all "Private". [I had no intention of ever using them again,.. so in hindsight I should have deleted them right then.]

I proceed to work extremely hard writing new material, voicing it, editing, and so on -- between June and August -- I created 11 unique Videos. However, the OLD content (all marked Private), I thought was unable to cause any red flags, be against policies, etc .. as my logic was "If no one can see them, then how can they cause any problems?" .... buuuuut

I receive the Above aforementioned notice this August .. was bummed .. and quickly came to the conclusion that the 150+ PRIVATE videos were the cause. So I go Delete those videos.

State of Channel now:
The Channel has ~2,000 Subscribers and growing, right now, at about 200/month.
All Videos currently on the channel are all my writing/thoughts/perspective and they do Surprisingly well (In my opinion). So far 11 Videos, finishing the 12th this week.

The 11 Videos give the Channel, currently these stats: 1,918 Subscribers, 105,000 Views (accidentally deleted a, compliant, 42,000 view video when I was cleaning things up) and ~500,000 Minutes Watch time.

I've looked up / Searched,.. this topic and everything I've found basically states that Youtube does *not* Grant Re-monetization to people who RE-apply.

Therefore, the reason I've created this topic/thread.

As you can, perhaps, ascertain,.. I 'thought' I had taken care of every possible 'issue' after the first copyright strikes came - I've been basing everything around "Is this compliant? Is this fair? etc.." when making my new videos. Now with the deletion of the old Private content (Which I believe (I've learned) that YT will count against your channel just as if it were PUBLIC) - There is absolutely nothing non compliant with this channel.

As you can surmise it was JUST hitting its first significant growth spurt and then demonetized. However, I'm a fair guy - I made a mistake with the previous content (A lot of local press conferences for example of college football coaches) - And learned that doesn't fly - that content is NOT public domain! As such, I learned a lesson (since May/June) and reinvent/create my entire content on the channel.
Therefore - a 30 Day suspension for 'duplication' is 'fair' punishment/punitive measures imho for the content that was marked 'Private'. That with said notice,.. I deleted all of it.

But - now, I'm quite concerned that Youtube doesn't really grant re-monetization when this happens -- Even if you have all your ducks in a row.
So - I ask: If the problem is corrected - The NEW content still exceeds the Subscriber/WatchTime requirements - Will Youtube Re-Monetize my channel? (or anyone in this situation's.. channel)

Lastly,.. I'm 99.99% certain, but is it likely that some local press conferences of collegiate head coaches marked "Private" something that would result in "Duplication" ?

Thank you for your time, and help...

cbpayne

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
They are probably not going to monetize if you apply again in 30 days unless you fix the reason for the original rejection. It may or may not have been the private videos.

Where are you getting the nonsense that YouTube are not granting remonetization after the 30 days? They have only just started doing it, so anyone making that claim is talking b******t as no one knows!

Chromatic

Reaction score
They are probably not going to monetize if you apply again in 30 days unless you fix the reason for the original rejection. It may or may not have been the private videos.
Well the videos were marked private due to 2 copyright strikes within 14 days -- so it seems quite evident those videos were "troublesome" and there were a lot of them. The NEW videos are all me.. are 'relatively' popular given the size of the channel and causing nice growth.. and of course aren't creating any copyright strikes because I'm not putting up anyone else's video.. period. These videos are essentially editorial/op-eds/articles I write that I voice over regarding College Football.

The clean up was Deleting 150+ Videos and leaving the 10-11 Videos I made after the 2 strikes back in early summer.

Where are you getting the nonsense that YouTube are not granting remonetization after the 30 days? They have only just started doing it, so anyone making that claim is talking b******t as no one knows!
I'm getting this 'nonsense' by doing what most would do -- google search this happening to others,.. then going into those threads, reddit posts, etc and seeing their results. Also contacting people who stated the same thing happened to them and it having been 3-6 or more months while also checking their channels myself to see if they CHANGED things to comply. Then seeing what they have to say via Email or PM.

Not a single person has said anything besides "They denied me." or "I've been waiting (insert X months)".

I'm not attempting to be hostile or aggressive with this question here. You seem offended, that is not my intent. I am merely asking here to hopefully get some clarification on the topic so I know whether I should continue with this currently (De-monetized) channel OR shut her down and start over.

I just thought that this forum had some people more in tune and/or closer to youtube in general and would know.

What I WANT to hear is someone tell me that they know for a FACT that youtube will remonetize a channel in this situation if they've removed the offending material - which is the situation I am in currently.

Take care,

Wakanda

Reaction score
I lean towards the view/theory that Youtube is out to minimize content by enforcing strict monetization rules. This is a disincentive to upload as I believe many who upload are trying to make some money.

So yes we get successful monetization stories here and there but that is in a sea of demonetized accounts and countless others under review.

For this,I’m quite skeptical of your account being re-monetized, but since you are doing the right thing and are more careful,I’d encourage you to keep on at it.

Chromatic

Reaction score
So yes we get successful monetization stories here and there but that is in a sea of demonetized accounts and countless others under review.
THIS! ^^^^

This is what worries me. If youtube is 'fair' and does take an honest look after 30 days and if the person has had the onus to FIX the previous issue (in my case private videos triggering the bots) by removing offending content and also ensuring any new content is not against TOS -- Then you'd have a mix.. perhaps 50/50 of people reporting Channels being remonetized and others (who don't produce their own content at all..and just steal videos and nothing of their own doing is in their videos) are not remonetized because they never intend on 'working' to have NEW and unique content.

But - search results from reddit and google help results return :::::: ---no one = remonetized from what Google results indicate.

The only 'positive' case I've seen is when the a channel was demonetized and they got the attention of someone who worked at youtube or knew someone who worked there.. and the next day the person reported their channel was remonetized.

Basically this person got to explain what happened and that their channel was legit. The youtube person apparently went to verify the channel wasn't posting other peoples videos essentially and then ticked over the button/flag (whatever it's called) to remonetize that person.

I'm willing to wait the , now, 20 something days but I just don't want to wait in vain.. with false hope. Especially when I'm working so hard on the new content. I don't think anyone should have to wait with false hope .. that's just not right honestly. So I can't imagine Youtube is not being honorable themselves. As they basically state -- You look like you made a mistake. So we're just going to turn the money off and while the money is off you can correct the problem and "We know people make mistakes" so in 30 days (plus a couple weeks to review ) if things are fixed .. you get the ad money flipped back on.

I don't find THAT many reports of this - so IS this a NEW process they are doing?

For this,I’m quite skeptical of your account being re-monetized, but since you are doing the right thing and are more careful,I’d encourage you to keep on at it.

Man... :/ So you don't think youtube would remonetize someone who fixed the obvious problem? And your logic is just because youtube isn't 'really' monetizing accounts that reapply from this situation? But I should keep putting out content because I've cleaned everything up (deleted 100s of private videos) and the videos that I make now are legit ?

So confusing,.. it's disheartening as well seeing all the comments coming in at rapid pace, people enjoying the videos,.. and it appears there is no "hope" per se.

At any rate,.. I appreciate you replying. All replies and help are welcome and appreciated.

Take care,