Does uploading undercut previous videos?

FlyHyland

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hello,

I’ve currently got a video that I uploaded a month ago that still getting 100+ views each day but I kind of want to upload another video. I’m just concerned about uploading another one while my current one is still doing so well. Like, will YouTube stop sending people to that one because I’ve got a new one out or something? Will I get less viewers on my current one because I upload a new one?

Anyone know anything about how this works?

Thanks!

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
Hello,

I’ve currently got a video that I uploaded a month ago that still getting 100+ views each day but I kind of want to upload another video. I’m just concerned about uploading another one while my current one is still doing so well. Like, will YouTube stop sending people to that one because I’ve got a new one out or something? Will I get less viewers on my current one because I upload a new one?

Anyone know anything about how this works?

Thanks!

Well casual visitors to a channel's homepage will often check out the latest video. Plus if you've used the "latest video" feature on end cards, that will also change which video is getting promoted at the end of the videos. My advice is to upload on a regular schedule regardless of number of views of the previous video. Maybe your next video will do even better. :)

FlyHyland

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well casual visitors to a channel's homepage will often check out the lastest video. Plus if you've used the "latest video" feature on end cards, that will also change which video is getting promoted at the end of the videos. My advice is to upload on a regular schedule regardless of number of views of the previous video. Maybe your next video will do even better. :)
Ah, you’ve brought up some very good points I hadn’t considered, thank you for your help. :) I haven’t Norman used the “latest video” or any end card features and my homepage actually doesn’t have any of my videos on (except at the bottom) I currently have playlists there that are other peoples’ videos. xD

It’s an interesting idea, though, as to whether the algorithm is affected by new uploads or what. I guess I’ll get round to uploading eventually, thanks for your help! :D

Considering that channel has no content whatsoever... yeah.
I appreciate your thorough research in attempt to answer my query however I never stated it was on the channel connected to my YTTalk account and regardless that information is, unfortunately, irrelevant to my question as even if I didn’t have said content it’d be more informative, and therefore helpful, to consider my question in theory as opposed to whether or not the story told in the initial query is true. As I said though, I appreciate your assistance. :)

Reactions: Mithril and Crown