Does this seem desperate?

Courtney Candice

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No it’s not desperate, almost every YouTuber tries to keep up with the trends to relate to their viewers if you’re passionate about it than you should do it , but don’t don’t it just for the views people can notice if you’re really into it or not! Good luck with your video!

FRANKIEandEMILY

Posting Mad!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Hey YTers

My channel revolves around workout videos, and the very first video on my channel was posted around the time that Suicide Squad was coming out so I decided to do a Harley Quinn Inspired Workout and to this day it is still the one with the most views and interaction!

It was such a fun video to make, and since I enjoyed it and it had such a huge reach, I thought of doing a Wonder Woman workout... When I mentioned this to my friend though, she told me it seems desperate to do workouts related to films that are being released or have been recently released. To quote her "it's like you're just using these popular movies to get views." It kind of brought me down because I never thought about it that way, I mean, yes I'm so glad that it helped my channel grow and it got a lot of views, but that is really not the main reason I wanted to make the video.

What do you guys think? Does that really seem desperate?

The goal, after enjoying what you do, is for people to watch what you create. If you can combine the two and give people what they want then absolutely do it. Is your friend a youtuber? does she realize that it's a search engine...which means people need to be able to find your content by searching for stuff they care about. Her same logic would apply to any holiday video ever. The fact is, you gotta make stuff people will search for.

SvenInMotion

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
If you are not doing it for the views. It is not desperate.
If you are doing it for the views it is STILL NOT desperate.

If the video is still following the style and purpose of the rest of the video, I dont see why it would be a problem. It's a smart way of following trends and this is how most successful youtube channels and general businesses work. It's like saying a sketch channel is being desperate for making a Suicide Squad themed skit right when the movie itself is out as well. Analytics, statistics, trends and hot topics are IMPORTANT and IMO, anyone who is even remotely serious about making their youtube channel a brand or business, should learn how to use this to their advantage. Heck, if I were you, I'd probably put the costume on as well. Good luck!

War

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
doesnt matter what anyone says as long as u enjoy what you do , you shouldnt really care.

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I actually think it's really cute and clever! Don't let other people bring you down. We're all on YouTube to REACH people - and if this is a way for you to have fun, do a themed video, and reach people with your content, then go for it!

HC.SameerPatil

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey YTers

My channel revolves around workout videos, and the very first video on my channel was posted around the time that Suicide Squad was coming out so I decided to do a Harley Quinn Inspired Workout and to this day it is still the one with the most views and interaction!

It was such a fun video to make, and since I enjoyed it and it had such a huge reach, I thought of doing a Wonder Woman workout... When I mentioned this to my friend though, she told me it seems desperate to do workouts related to films that are being released or have been recently released. To quote her "it's like you're just using these popular movies to get views." It kind of brought me down because I never thought about it that way, I mean, yes I'm so glad that it helped my channel grow and it got a lot of views, but that is really not the main reason I wanted to make the video.

What do you guys think? Does that really seem desperate?
I don't think it is desperate at all. You made a video that you found enjoyable to produce regardless of the outcome. There will be people that will tell you not do things and they say it mainly to protect you from failure,however, when you execute and create phenomenal content people become inspired by you. If you truly enjoyed making the Harley Quinn inspired workout video and want to do one with Wonder Woman I think you definitely should go through with it and just enjoy making Youtube videos. DO WHAT MAKES YOU HAPPY! :)

Tropical365

I've Got It
Reaction score
Go for it. Nothing wrong with what you are wanting to do. Life is so SHORT... it really is and it will be OVER in BLINK OF AN EYE trust me. The past 20+ years has flown by so fast I cannot believe it and when you are my age you will realize this and time flys by faster and faster the older you get. Do what makes YOU HAPPY and forget the rest. When you are 80 yrs of age you don't want to be sitting their like a wrinkled raisin with regrets! In a nutshell don't sweat the petty stuff ;)

Last edited:

Lightsen

Animation Yey!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Animator
nah that sounds like a cool idea! i've seen plenty of guys try "saitama's" work out from One Punch man, so it would be cool if you did some girl characters in media.

spartanfit1

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
It's a trend. People follow trends. I mean how many 'Pennywise in the sewer' parody videos are there since the movie came out?

It's not desperate, it's keeping with the times.
100% accurate. It's the same when new games come out. Every gaming channel puts videos out on the brand new game because it will be searched for more often until the next new hit game comes out.