Does this seem desperate?

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Hey YTers

My channel revolves around workout videos, and the very first video on my channel was posted around the time that Suicide Squad was coming out so I decided to do a Harley Quinn Inspired Workout and to this day it is still the one with the most views and interaction!

It was such a fun video to make, and since I enjoyed it and it had such a huge reach, I thought of doing a Wonder Woman workout... When I mentioned this to my friend though, she told me it seems desperate to do workouts related to films that are being released or have been recently released. To quote her "it's like you're just using these popular movies to get views." It kind of brought me down because I never thought about it that way, I mean, yes I'm so glad that it helped my channel grow and it got a lot of views, but that is really not the main reason I wanted to make the video.

What do you guys think? Does that really seem desperate?

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I don't think its desperate. If you are doing it to get views, maybe. But if you're doing it because its part of you and what you actually do then go for it. Just don't do it because you're trying to increase views, if it doesn't work then you'll stop.

Reactions: darkstarmedia

Dutchie Abroad

Exploring the world one video at a time!
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Channel Type
Vlogger
I get your friends viewpoint, but since it is not your intention to do it just for the views, it is not deperate. As mentioned above, following a trend is smart and is indeed keeping up with the times. As long as you enjoy making the videos, that's all you need!

Reactions: Merlina Rodas

TGP-ROB

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
Do you boo!!!
Dont always listen to what your friends say
Sometimes you just have to what you think is right
And honestly
Jumping on the band wagon of movies, songs or historical moments *cough* trump *cough*
If it worked the 1st time
See if it will work a 2nd time and just do it :)

Malousak

YTtalk Mad
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer
Does that really seem desperate?
Uhh.... no :O I mean, if that were the case then EVERY fidget spinner related video would be desperate as well. People use trends to get views. If you're doing it right and not a cheap stunt to make it look like you're only doing it for views then yes. But as long as you seem genuinely excited in your workout videos then it would be no problem.

Brenden

Message me if you need anything :)
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
Every YouTubers does that. It's called following a trend.

Not desperate at all, it's smart.

Scootakip [Lana]

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian
I mean, if you're doing these videos out love for the franchises you're paying homage to, there should be nothing wrong with it.
However, if you really are just doing it for the views, then, yeaaaah that's pretty desperate.

Merlina Rodas

I've Got It
Reaction score
Thanks for all your replies! I've decided to follow through with my idea and make the video... can't wait to share it!

Reactions: HC.SameerPatil