Does the YT banner/logo make a difference?

ItsMoldgold

Reaction score
Im not sure how many of the active accounts on these forums remember the YouTube days in which you could really customize your YouTube channel, especially if you had a YouTube partnership.... haha take me back to those days. None the less you are still able to make some what or a customizable background on today's YouTube... well banner. None the less do you guys feel like having a really eye popping cool looking banner would increase the chances of more people subscribing to your channel? I'm also wondering if this would be the same for your YouTube logo. I'm curious to know if you guys would click on someone's channel based off of their logo/profile pic. Personally it does not make difference to me. If the person makes good vids then I'll subscribe and watch their Vids. What is your guys take on this???

Dig

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Im not sure how many of the active accounts on these forums remember the YouTube days in which you could really customize your YouTube channel, especially if you had a YouTube partnership.... haha take me back to those days. None the less you are still able to make some what or a customizable background on today's YouTube... well banner. None the less do you guys feel like having a really eye popping cool looking banner would increase the chances of more people subscribing to your channel? I'm also wondering if this would be the same for your YouTube logo. I'm curious to know if you guys would click on someone's channel based off of their logo/profile pic. Personally it does not make difference to me. If the person makes good vids then I'll subscribe and watch their Vids. What is your guys take on this???
Different strokes, different folks. I'm sure there's someone who'd, certainly subconsciously, veer away from that sub button upon seeing a lackluster banner. IMO a neat banner does contribute to establishing your brand, it both contributes to it's visual identity as well as giving a subtle first impression in it's own right: a sloppy, slapdash banner brings with it associations of a sloppy, slapdash creator/brand. That being said I'm the guy who's spent almost a year without changing their painfully lackluster art, so I can't say I practice what I preach :D

So ultimately I don't think it's the be-all end-all, content is still king, but a good visual element does go a long way. After all, you go to buy crisps you pick up either the ones you know you like or the ones with the coolest or most professional/high quality looking packaging. And with sooo many crisps fighting for shelf space in the YouTube grocery store, one would do well to make their packaging as shiny as possible :)

MinePlayz147

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think that your logo/banner matters because if your logo is a man staring at a stop sign all day, then most likely people think "this channel is too boring", however, when your logo is someone at a water park, then that person will think "hmm, how interesting." Very simple but important...

Nebojsa032

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Well, i think that a logo and a banner are very important, since they can make your channel look more professional and attract people. Once you make a good logo and banner, you actually don't have to change it for a while. :)

FunkLoves

Reaction score
Channel art is incredibly important, gives your channel a unique look and can make it very attractive if done well

HecksVision

Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Image is everything. This is why billions are spent on advertising and branding. It shows you put some effort in your channel so that might reflect in your content. If you were trying to sell
a used car you would clean it up real good to get top dollar!

Magicturtle

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think the whole impression you get of everything, vids channel art and personality all affect if someone clicks subscribe. I would defonately put some work into channel art.

ChargunHD

The FawX is on the Hunt
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Channel Type
Gamer
I feel like the avatar is more important than the banner, but not if you know what I mean.

If you have a solid logo design and some bright solid colours, that makes your logo recognizable among the masses, so those logos become more popular due to it being so easy to spot because of its clever use of colour or design. I feel like the design is important yes but only in a sense of marketing and strategic advertisement.

Gilded_Overlord

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
No but it adds a level of professionalism to your page.

Varlais Alata

Liking YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Think of it as decorating your channel, with your personal style.
I mean, not setting it up would be like moving into a house and not buying any furniture.
I'm not biased towards those who don't have a nice aesthetic for their channel, if their content is good, I'll still sub to them.
Though I would suggest they update their art/logo if it's really bad xD