Does the Youtube Enhancement trimmer reduce video quality?

phoenixblue

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Comedian, Gamer, Commentator, Designer, Cartoonist, Animator
I recently uploaded a video and want to trim a bit of the end off. The youtube enhancement option has a trimmer that allows me to do this. However, I looked at some topics (from 2011) that said that after people trimmed their videos, the quality of the video suddenly got a lot worse (both audio and video). Does anyone know if this problem still exists? It would take me over 4 hours to rerender and reupload and I want to use the youtube trimmer just to trim 1 second off the end but I don't want to quality to get worse after it reprocesses. Anyone have any updated info on this?

Thank you.

Crown

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Channel Type
Guru
I recently uploaded a video and want to trim a bit of the end off. The youtube enhancement option has a trimmer that allows me to do this. However, I looked at some topics (from 2011) that said that after people trimmed their videos, the quality of the video suddenly got a lot worse (both audio and video). Does anyone know if this problem still exists? It would take me over 4 hours to rerender and reupload and I want to use the youtube trimmer just to trim 1 second off the end but I don't want to quality to get worse after it reprocesses. Anyone have any updated info on this?

Thank you.

Moved to the recording / editing / production forum. :)

I'm not sure about the "trim" function but the "auto-enhance" function does very weird things to videos (like making the video look warped and wavy) Definitely don't use the enhance, but the trim should be ok. My advice would be to upload a very short sample of video in private mode or unlisted and test it before you risking messing up the video you want to trim. Good luck. :)

Reactions: phoenixblue

KatyAdelson

I Love YTtalk
Staff member
Reaction score
Channel Type
Musician
Hmmm...I haven't had an issue with the image quality, but I have noticed that it sometimes shifts the audio. YouTube already shifts the audio when you upload videos -- one of my videos has a terribly obvious shift in the audio. After I added some of the enhanced effects, it actually shifted the audio slightly closer to how it originally was. ^^

But sometimes the enhanced version doesn't play in embedded videos, which I think is a bit weird. :eek: