Does the money from monitized videos get stored if you don't have an adsense account?

12padams

Reaction score
I have monitized a few videos but I don't have an adsense account yet. The idea is that I'll make one if the money in my YouTube account reaches at least $100 over however many years that may be. The problem is that after 500 views of monitizing my videos I am seeing the earnings at $0. Is that normal or does money not get stored or counted at all until you get an Adsense account?

Reactions: Thexwildxguitarist

Symph

I'm a dude with a face and I know how to use it.
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber, Musician, Vlogger, Comedian, Gamer
Yeah I had to like do some stuff before adsense would tell me what I'd earned. I had to send a tax claim (you just enter your social and they find it for you) and some other stuff, go to your adsense main page and see if it says your account is "on hold" and if it is do what it tells you to do.

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Yeah, don't wait to make an Adsense account. If you plan on working hard you can be making wayyyy over $100 per month in no time. You should on avg have at least 1 click per 100 views (on avg) so make an account and monitor it, you should start to see some clicks. What are your videos about? The only way it would make sense that you have 0 clicks with 500 views is if your content can't match up with any type of ad and the people interested in your videos aren't interested in the things being advertised.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
keep in mind though, if you are planning on being a partner with an outside company (fullscreen, etc) having adsense can delay that process quite a bit. Just to make you aware.

Symph

Reaction score
Channel Type
why is that?
Because the big complication in becoming a network partner is you are taken out of the adsense program. It took youtube 3 weeks to process me and get me out of adsense, and I've heard that process goes much faster if you just steer clear of adsense in general. However, I am getting this information based on what a couple of people have told me, not actual research. I can tell you first hand that I signed my partner agreement 3 weeks before it actually went through and I became a partner, but I am only telling you it would have gone quicker had I not joined adsense, based on what a couple of people have told me. Maybe just research it?

Lee Dawson

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Wow it's all pretty confusing. I have to wait to sign up until I turn 18 in november

PrettyKeli

PrettyKeli
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Having adsense didn't delay the process that much with me... I'm not sure how long it usually takes, but after signing the contract everything went through and was converted over in about 5 days, I guess it's different for everyone 0_o