Does the counry of the viewers matter?

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
For some reason unknown to me, most of our viewers are from Vietnam, Brazil and Indonesia.

While I have nothing against this as our channel is non verbal I'm curious to know if viewers from certain country are better than others?

I suppose you get more ads shown to viewers from USA and such but is there any difference for youtube algorithm? Does it prefer channels whose audience is more suitable when picking out related videos (for example)?

The reason I'm asking is to know if I should limit my adwords audience to USA etc.?

Last edited:

TheSwedishTraveler

I am a Traveler, A Wanderer, A Thinker
Reaction score
Channel Type
Vlogger
I guess it depends on the videos, as I´m speaking english, I can imagine that it does matter, since countries with a lot of people not speaking english won´t understand what I´m saying, and not watch my videos!

But that doesn´t mean that other countries shouldn´t watch my videos, I do want everyone to watch them, doesn´t matter where they are from!

Gamayun

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I would like to know answer on this question too.

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yes, this is a very interesting question. I'd like to expand of this further and also ask:
In regards to children videos and adwords with a limited budget, does anyone recommend advertising to the countries in the language you speak in the videos? (Meaning if video is in English, should we only advertise to US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, etc...) Does this give you more bang for your buck?

ToysForKids

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
Yes, this is a very interesting question. I'd like to expand of this further and also ask:
In regards to children videos and adwords with a limited budget, does anyone recommend advertising to the countries in the language you speak in the videos? (Meaning if video is in English, should we only advertise to US, Canada, Great Britain, Australia, etc...) Does this give you more bang for your buck?
It will probably give you more subs and more persistent viewers since they can more likely understand your content.

Reactions: Pierce's Mom

Cvolton

I've Got It
Reaction score
US usually has the best CPM, I remember Czech YouTubers telling people that when you look at the minimal money made on Socialblade, it's usually what they get, I also did notice that myself in the analytics (back when YT allowed you to monetize without adsense). Also YouTube Red is available in the US, so that means you can get a boost from there as well, because as we all know, YT Red views give you more money

Daisyah

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
when you have viewers from different countries it helps i think it's better

adams eats

I Love YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
When I look at my analytics, it shows I have a handful of viewers from Saudi Arabia that watch 100% of my videos. Don't know if that's a glitch but it's interesting all the same. US has taken over as my biggest viewer Base, and UK is second. I thought I might have to start doing conversions to US measurements, but I don't think anyone is that bothered by it at the moment. I don't favour any one country though, I'm just happy people watch ☺

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
It will probably give you more subs and more persistent viewers since they can more likely understand your content.
Thanks for your input. I wonder is this also the case even if you translate everything as Kiddie Toys Review suggests? I suppose we also have to assume that our viewers are children who can read already :)

Pierce's Mom

Reaction score
Channel Type
Reviewer
US usually has the best CPM, I remember Czech YouTubers telling people that when you look at the minimal money made on Socialblade, it's usually what they get, I also did notice that myself in the analytics (back when YT allowed you to monetize without adsense). Also YouTube Red is available in the US, so that means you can get a boost from there as well, because as we all know, YT Red views give you more money
Thank you for your input. So, I'm new to understanding all the analytics, but when I study what's happened in the last month for my channel. 54% of my views are from the US, 7% from the Phillipines, 4% Canada, etc...
On the CPM #1 Canada is $6, #2 US is $4, and #3 Phillipines is $2.