Does the channel name matter? Should I change mine?

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Someone on another forum suggested that we change our channel name. AM2PM is our initials and we like the concept of day to night. This guy said it didn't connect with him emotionally and he suggested The Monaghan Twins, or Monaghan Brothers or Twin Versus Twin etc.

I personally don't think it matters all that much. I only care about the content, and if I like what I see I'll subscribe and it has nothing to do with the channel name. What do you guys think? In general and in our specific case.

Thanks in advance.

MidKnight

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I like AM2PM i think it was clever to use you initials and also make a reference to time.

Reactions: AM2PM

notjamie

I've Got It
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I like the name AM2PM. It's pretty catchy and name doesn't really matter as long as there's not a bunch of letters and stuff in it.

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
I think AM2PM is the best name out of all you named! It's original and creative. There are a lot of channels with the word 'twin' in it so it's fun to see a creative name once in a while! (Oh and you two put a lot of effort in your videos... I may or may not have seen a lot of them haha)

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
I think AM2PM is the best name out of all you named! It's original and creative. There are a lot of channels with the word 'twin' in it so it's fun to see a creative name once in a while! (Oh and you two put a lot of effort in your videos... I may or may not have seen a lot of them haha)
Hey thanks for the input, and thanks for watching. I watched a couple of your's too. Great quality. What kind of camera do you use? You got a lot of comments for the number of views. Any tips? Thanks again and good luck with your channel.

Reactions: DuncanT

DuncanT

Super Poster
Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Hey thanks for the input, and thanks for watching. I watched a couple of your's too. Great quality. What kind of camera do you use? You got a lot of comments for the number of views. Any tips? Thanks again and good luck with your channel.
I've gotten quite some comments from some friends... but also from people I don't know in person! I mainly get them because I also watch (and I like watching) there videos and comment on them! I'm quite active and in return I get some traffic!

I record my videos with my Canon 700D! I've got two lenses I use, the standard kit lens (18-55mm) and the Canon 50mm lens! I like the 50mm lens more because it's clearer... but it's zoomed in quite a lot. If you look at my first or my quickfire questions video then you can see my standard kit lens in use! Again, thank you for the compliment AM2PM, means a lot to me! :)

Gaijillionaire

I've got a yen for being in Japan!
Reaction score
Channel Type
Reporter, Gamer, Reviewer, Other
Your current name is perfect. It fits. It's short and easy to remember and search for. Stay the course and don't let one person you don't really know shake you

AM2PM

Loving YTtalk
Reaction score
Channel Type
Other
Your current name is perfect. It fits. It's short and easy to remember and search for. Stay the course and don't let one person you don't really know shake you
Thanks for saying that.

WiLLSATX

Reaction score
Channel Type
Youtuber
Your current name is awesome, short and catchy. I do like Twin vs Twin as well. Maybe you can use that as a name for a category series within your channel. Like this:

-Challenge day
-Tag Day
-Twin vs Twin Day
-Prank Day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CustomAbilities

Reaction score
Channel Type
Gamer
I think your name should be personalized to what you like. It goes without saying that having a name that personifies your channel well is a bonus but it really comes down to what you like and what you would want to be called. It's not that big of a deal, a majority of creators I watch have completely irrelevant names to their content but it doesn't matter as I still enjoy their content.